Our co-op program provides students with experiential learning and the opportunity to work full-time in a paid position within their field of study while obtaining their degree. Both domestic and international students are eligible. Participating in a co-op program will allow you to apply directly what you learn in class. You will graduate with three to five months of paid, professional experience, making your resume even stronger.
- MBA Student Requirements :
- Have a 3.6 GPA or higher
- Have completed 24 semester hours, may apply to be considered for the MBA Co-op Program.
- MBA Co-op Opportunities:
- Length of Employment, Wages, Work Hours
- Minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 5 months
- Potential to earn in the range of $15 to $20/hour
- Academic Credit for MBA Co-op Positions
- Students who attain employment by an approved Co-op Corporate Partner and complete a minimum of 480 work hours over the course of the semester will be granted academic credit for their co-op position via fulfillment of the MBA 350 course requirement. Students will enroll and receive credit in a specially-designated section of MBA 350. The student and the employer must complete evaluation forms at the end of the employment period for students to receive a passing grade in MBA 350.
About the Program
The Goal of the Co-op Pogram:
To provide Zarb full-time MBA students with an integrated educational and professional work experience in their field of study, allowing them to expand their experience and responsibility commensurate with their abilities as they progress through the program.
Corporate participation in the co-op program provides:
- A resource of energetic and talented MBA students to supplement full-time staff
- A process to evaluate and mentor future permanent employees
- A network of new, ambitious talent
"The Hofstra MBA students have been incredible to work with; they come with a can-do attitude and are very eager to learn. With that, the rest comes easy. While training is provided, we find it's best to fully immerse the students. As such, the students join all internal meetings as well as client meetings. We feel it's important they see projects full circle so the client exposure and interaction is key for that experience." -Lara Bass, EGC Group
The concentrations available to full-time MBA students are:
- Business Analytics
- Health Services Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Professional Accountancy
- Quality Management
- Sports & Entertainment Management
Our certified career coaches support you in achieving career success. We provide career counseling and can review your resume, prepare you for interviews, and offer guidance for a job or internship search.
Meet Our CO-OP MBA Faculty
The Zarb School of Business faculty teaching in the full-time day MBA program have been carefully selected. These faculty have strong academic credentials, as well as a wealth of industry experience. The faculty are dedicated to their students - both inside and outside the classroom. Our professors are professionally active and well-recognized in the business community.
Co-op MBA day students will, as a cohort, complete a two-year program with a rigorous core curriculum and advanced specialized work in a professional field. The program requires a 38-45 credit course of study in the fundamental areas of accounting, finance, information technology, marketing, international business, operations, communications and leadership skills, global decision making, economics, and the legal environment. The program also includes a 15-credit concentration and a capstone course that involves solving complex business problems, integrating knowledge and skills from various functional areas.
Meet Zarb Alumni
When you earn a degree from the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, you join a network of successful alumni who are leaders in all corners of the world, a diverse group of business leaders who are driven to excel in whatever field they've chosen.
The Frank G. Zarb School of Business welcomes applications from prospective students hold baccalaureate degrees from regionally accredited institutions or the non-U.S. equivalent. Students may apply as candidates for the Zarb Full-Time Co-op MBA for August admission. To promote student interaction and teamwork, students may only start the program in August. No specific undergraduate course of study is required for admission, nor is any specific course of study recommended.