Our MBA co-op program provides students with experiential learning and the opportunity to work full-time in a paid position within their field of study while obtaining their degree. Both domestic and international students are eligible. Participating in a co-op program will allow you to apply directly what you learn in class. You will graduate with three to five months of paid, professional experience, making your resume even stronger.
- MBA Student Requirements:
- Have a 3.6 GPA or higher
- Have completed 18 semester hours, students may apply to be considered for the MBA Co-op Program.
- MBA Co-op Opportunities:
- Length of Employment, Wages, Work Hours
- Minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 5 months
- Potential to earn in the range of $15 to $20/hour
- Academic Credit for MBA Co-op Positions
- Students who attain employment by an approved Co-op Corporate Partner and complete a minimum of 480 work hours over the course of the semester will be granted academic credit for their co-op position via fulfillment of the MBA 360 course requirement. The student and the employer must complete evaluation forms at the end of the employment period for students to receive a passing grade in MBA 360.
About the Program
The Goal of the Co-Op Pogram:
To provide MBA students with an integrated educational and professional work experience in their field of study, allowing them to expand their experience and responsibility commensurate with their abilities as they progress through the program.
Corporate participation in the co-op program provides:
- A resource of energetic and talented MBA students to supplement full-time staff
- A process to evaluate and mentor future permanent employees
- A network of new, ambitious talent
"The Hofstra MBA students have been incredible to work with; they come with a can-do attitude and are very eager to learn. With that, the rest comes easy. While training is provided, we find it's best to fully immerse the students. As such, the students join all internal meetings as well as client meetings. We feel it's important they see projects full circle, so the client exposure and interaction is key for that experience." – Lara Bass, EGC Group
The concentrations available to full-time MBA students are:
- Business Analytics
- Business Operations and Healthcare Analytics
- Cybersecurity Management and Policy
- Health Services Management
- International Business
- Sports and Entertainment Management
Our certified career coaches support you in achieving career success. We provide career counseling and can review your resume, prepare you for interviews, and offer guidance for a job or internship search.
Meet Zarb Alumni
When you earn a degree from the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, you join a network of successful alumni who are leaders in all corners of the world, a diverse group of business leaders who are driven to excel in whatever field they've chosen.
The Frank G. Zarb School of Business welcomes applications from prospective students who hold baccalaureate degrees from regionally accredited institutions or the non-U.S. equivalent. Students may apply as candidates for the Zarb MBA program.