About Creative Services
Creative Services is an arm of University Relations and is comprised of several departments that work together to write, edit, design, print, and mail brochures, catalogs, fliers, booklets, ads, newsletters, invitations, posters, calendars, and business cards, along with maintaining the Hofstra website and producing photo and video content.
- Creative Services' graphic designers work closely with clients to best communicate their message in print. The University has a large and growing library of photographs to use in design.
- Most publications begin with words. Editorial Services helps Hofstra faculty, administrators and staff polish their prose and provides fact checking on University matters.
- Hofstra Multimedia Productions creates video and audio promotional materials.
- Interactive Media assists with maintaining the Hofstra University website, along with various email, photo and video projects.
- The Mail Center delivers all University mail, of course, but it also addresses envelopes with an ink-jet printer. The Mail Center can also insert fliers into envelopes, wafer-seal publications, provide internal Hofstra mailing lists, and advise clients on postal regulations.
- The Print Shop prints or copies in black and white and color. (Note: Large quantities or specialty orders of four-color printing are sent to outside printers.) The Department provides cost estimates and advice for outside printing, and University employees can use the Hofstra Online Print Center to make ordering easy.
- The University Photographer photographs events and coordinates photography, including headshots, for the University.
Creative Services is located in Butler Annex, a one-story building on the South Campus, behind Gittleson Hall and south of The Career Center. (See the Campus Map)