Welcome to Hofstra University!
You're just a few clicks away from activating your network account
Your network account allows you to access the many technology resources available to you as a member of the Hofstra community.
You'll use your account to access the My.Hofstra.edu Portal, the campus wireless network, Gmail (for students), Office 365 and Outlook e-mail (for employees), and to access computers in classrooms, open-access labs and on employee desks.
Follow the instructions on this page to activate your network account using our self-service tool. If you need , we're ready to assist you. Contact information for our support teams is available at the bottom of this page.
Activate your Hofstra network account
Identifying information required for activation
During the activation process, you'll be asked to provide some information to verify your identity. For activation, you'll need:
Your Hofstra ID number
(also known as a "700 number")
A nine-digit number, starting with 7. Provided by Admissions, HR or e-mail, and printed on the front of all HofstraCards
Your date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security Number
Both must be on file with Hofstra, otherwise see next box
You may request an activation link, sent to your personal e-mail address
Personal address must be on file. You must be able to receive a message sent to it. Only available if no SSN or date of birth on file
When you're ready to start
- Click the "ready" link in the box below these instructions (jump there) to access the account claiming tool.
- Enter your Hofstra ID number in the Hofstra ID field, then click "login lookup."
- The network ID field will be automatically filled in. Write down your network ID! You'll need it to log in to technology services at Hofstra.
- Choose ONE of the following:
- If your Social Security Number and date of birth are on file with Hofstra, enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and your date of birth in the appropriate fields, then click "verify."
- If your Social Security Number and date of birth are not on file with Hofstra, but your personal e-mail address is on file, leave the Social Security Number and date of birth fields blank, then click "verify." A one-time account activation link will be e-mailed to your personal e-mail address. Click the link in the e-mail message to continue to the next step.
- Follow the prompts to set a password for your account.
A few tips about your new account
- Passwords must be changed at least once every 180 days (approximately 6 months)
You will be prompted to change your password when you log on to the My.Hofstra.edu Portal. You can also change your password from any web browser by going to hofstra.edu/password. NOTE: Your network ID will never change.
- Passwords are case-sensitive
Make sure you always type your password using the same combination of upper- and lower-case letters.
- Outlook e-mail accounts are not generated immediately
After you claim your account, you will receive separate notification of your credentials for employee e-mail. Faculty receive this information from the Office of the Provost, and other employees receive this information from their supervisors.
- Use of your account, and any Hofstra technology resources, is subject to the terms of the Acceptible Use Guidelines
The Acceptable Use Guidelines are posted online at hofstra.edu/about/it/edtech/acceptable-use.html.