If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.

Skip to Main Content
Community Outreach: students
Off-Campus Living and Commuting Student Services

Community Outreach Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Do I need to register my car to park on campus?
    Yes, but registration is free! For more information check here.
  2. Where can I go to study and relax between my classes?
    There are numerous lounge areas around campus. For more information check here.
  3. Is there a place where I can store my books between classes?
    Yes, check out how to reserve a locker here.
  4. What happens if I have car trouble on campus, such as a dead battery?
    Public Safety offers motorist assistance. Call 516-463-6606 for assistance.
  5. Am I able to purchase a dining plan as a commuting student?
    Yes, click here to learn about the many dining venues on campus and the various dining plans.
  6. I take the train, how can I get from the train to the Hofstra campus?
    Take the Hofstra shuttle! Click here for the schedule and more information.
  7. What happens if classes are cancelled due to weather?
    Hofstra notifies all students via the CANN system of school cancellations.
  8. Where are the best locations to park?
    Arrive early and park on the north side of campus, and walk across any one of the pedestrian bridges. For a complete map of parking locations click here.
  9. What happens if I need to borrow a car to come to campus?
    Go to public safety and get a visitor's parking pass for the day. This will prevent you from getting a ticket for parking in areas reserved for registered vehicles only.
  10. I am thinking about living on campus, where can I learn about my options?
    Visit the office of Residential Programs located in room 243 of the Student Center. You can learn about the different on campus housing options here.
  11. How do I get involved with clubs and organizations on campus?
    There are almost 200 undergraduate clubs and organizations to join, including the Organization of Commuter Students. For more information visit the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement or check out Collegiate Link.
  12. Where can I go if I need help with my classes?
    See your Advisement Dean! The Office for University Advisement is your bride to success and your Advisement Dean is there to help guide you along the way. Click here for more information.

Off-Campus Living and Commuting Student Services