Explore Next Door
The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement hosts Explore Next Door (END), a series of trips for undergraduate students into New York City and the surrounding area. The Fall semester trips are open to all new students (first year and transfer) and our Spring semester trips are open to all undergraduate students. The purpose of this program is to introduce students to the cultural wealth of New York City and provide them with an opportunity to connect with their fellow students, faculty and administrators outside of the classroom.
Here is what we have planned for this semester!
Explore Next Doors Trips Fall 2017
October 14th: South Street Seaport: Museum and Shops
Celebrate 50 years of South Street Seaport Museum. Check out the history of one of the most important landmarks in all of New York City. When you're done at the museum, get your shopping fix at some of the best local shops and stores South Street Seaport has to offer.
Sign-ups: October 4th @11:30 a.m. in 244 Student Center
October 21st: Pumpkin Picking
Do you love Pumpkin Spice? You’ll probably love Pumpkin Picking at a local Long Island Pumpkin Patch
Sign-ups: October 11th @11:30 a.m. in 244 Student Center
November 11th: Broadway Show: Spongebob Squarepants
Bikini Bottom invades Broadway. Come Explore Next Door and see the brand new Broadway show: Spongebob Squarepants
Sign-ups: November 1st @11:30 a.m. in Student Center Atrium
December 2nd: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Nothing screams New York like the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Explore Radio City Music Hall and be amazed by the world famous Rockettes
Sign-ups: November 29th @11:30 a.m. in Student Center 244
Eligibility / Cancellation Policies
- The fall END trips are open only to new registered first-year and new transfer undergraduate students. During the spring semester trips are open to all registered undergraduate students. Students are required to pay a $10 cash deposit to hold their spot. Your deposit is refunded after you attend the event.
- One trip per semester per student during the fall semester.
- Student must be present on the date and time of sign up and present a valid Hofstra ID. Students may not sign up other students for trips.
- Sign ups take place in 244 Student Center at 11:30 a.m. on the days listed unless otherwise noted. Please note for some popular events, students line up before 11:30.
- Sign ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis; we cannot sign up anyone before 11:30 a.m. on the designated day.
- Students must cancel by 9 a.m. three business days before their scheduled event by contacting the Student Leadership Office in 244 Student Center at 516-463-6914.
- Any student who fails to cancel within the cancellation period will have to forfeit their deposit.
- If you are interested in attending an Explore Next Door Trip and have a disability requiring any kind of special travel needs, please contact the Office of Student Leadership and Activities at (516) 463-6914 or email OSLA at least 30 days before the scheduled trip.
Meeting Locations and Times
OSLE will be providing students with FREE tickets to venues. Transportation will not be included for Spring Semester. You will get detailed information regarding the location and time for each trip when you sign up. Students will have the option to meet up with a Student Leader scheduled to guide each trip.