Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship: Suffolk County Community College
The following outlines the terms and procedures, agreed upon by both Hofstra University (HU) and Suffolk County Community College (SCCC) pertinent to the Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship for graduates of Suffolk County Community College.
- One (1) Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship, covering full tuition, will be offered by HU to one (1) graduate of SCCC.
- The nominees for this scholarship must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or better at the end of their third semester at SCCC. In addition to superior academic achievement, selection will be based on contributions to their campus and communities through activities and service and on their student leadership experiences.
- Nominee recommendations would be sent by SCCC to Hofstra no later than March 15.
- Notification to the recipient would be made by HU no later than April 1.
- The award would cover a maximum of four semesters.
- The scholarships shall be renewable annually by maintenance of a 3.0 cumulative average. Recipients are required to submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for each year of student at HU.
- The scholarship recipients must attend HU on a full-time basis (at least 12 credits) as a matriculated student for consecutive fall and spring semesters. The Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship is applied to tuition only and is not applied to miscellaneous college fees and books.
- Other nominees (at least two students) recommended by SCCC but not selected for the Scholarship Program would be eligible for a significant merit scholarship at HU based on their outstanding GPA.