If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.

Skip to Main Content

Rehabilitation Counseling Scholarships and Financial Aid

Department Scholarships
Scholarships are available to both part-time and full-time graduate students. These are awarded on the basis of merit and demonstrated financial need and are handled by the Program Director. These scholarships are distinctly different than the federal loans available to graduate students.

Federal Financial Aid
Eligibility for these programs is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Perkins Loans, Military Science, United States Bureau of Indian Affairs Aid to Native Americans, NYS Tuition Assistance, and Stafford Loan awards are just a few examples of the aid available.

For more information on financial aid, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services  at (516) 463-8000.

Limited funding is available to a select number of students through grants from the Rehabilitation Service Administration, U.S. Department of Education. It helps to defray student tuition costs for those who attend usually on a full-time basis. Applicants of minority background and/or with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.

Graduate Assistantships
These are available in departments throughout Hofstra University. Compensation is often through tuition remission and a cash stipend depending upon the availability within a department. Students work approximately 25 hours per week. On-campus part-time positions that pay only an hourly rate are also available throughout the campus. These students usually work in academic departments for up to 12 hours per week. Matriculated students may apply for positions through the Job Opportunities page in the Hofstra portal.