If you are planning to live on campus during your time at Hofstra, consider enhancing your HUHC experience by opting to live our living/learning community. Most HUHC first year students do! Our location is VanderPoel Hall. An active, dynamic, and engaged community, is welcoming to first year students and home to our returning sophomores, juniors and seniors.
HUHC Housing offers:
• Traditional residence halls with double rooms, and common lounge spaces where students spend time hanging out, watching TV, playing foosball, or just relaxing.
• Increased opportunities to interact with other HUHC students whose intellectual interests span all of the programs and majors at Hofstra and who collectively participate in almost every club and student organization on campus.
• True living-learning communities where animated conversations about books, science and history, art and music are natural extensions of the Culture & Expression experience.
• A continuing community where first-year students (about 50%) meet and learn from sophomores, juniors and seniors who know HUHC housing history and traditions.
• 24 hour study spaces with internet access, projection screens, and free access to printers.
VanderPoel houses 266 HUHC students in both double and single rooms. This residential tower offers a convenient location, lounge spaces on each floor as well as a penthouse lounge, kitchen and eating area on the 13th floor.
The Price is Right, So Stay As Long As You Like!
The cost of living in HUHC housing can’t be beat. Double room fees are among the least expensive housing options on campus. And “homesteading” rules allow HUHC residents to stay on as a long as they like. Some of our students love HUHC housing so much, they stay with us for all four years!