BS Computer Science
Program Educational Objectives:
The largest program in the Department of Computer Science offers a deep foundation in the main areas of computing, a wide range of available concentrations to pursue specialized knowledge in fields such as cybersecurity, gaming & animation, and web & mobile applications, plus flexible choices of technical electives.
Computer Science, BS Major in
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences about technical information.
- An ability to make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical
- An ability to function effectively on teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, manage risk, and produce deliverables.
- An ability to apply theory in the design and implementation of computer-based solutions.
- An ability to reason about and explain computer-based solutions at multiple levels of abstraction.