The BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE is the largest program in the Department of Computer Science and offers a deep foundation in the main areas of computing. There are a wide range of available concentrations to pursue in fields such as cybersecurity, gaming and animation, web and mobile applications, plus flexible choices of technical electives.
Computer Science, BS Major in
By the time of graduation, computer science students will exhibit an ability to:
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences about technical information.
- Make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively on teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, manage risk, and produce deliverables.
- Apply theory in the design and implementation of computer-based solutions.
- Reason about and explain computer-based solutions at multiple levels of abstraction.