Graduate courses are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30pm to 6:20pm and 6:30pm to 8:20pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Graduate Student FAQ
- When are classes offered?
- How long will it take me to complete the M.S. program?
Both Track I and Track II take on average two years, including at least one summer session
- Are scholarships/financial aid available?
Yes, all students are considered for merit-based aid through their graduate program application. Students seeking need-based awards must fill out a FAFSA and contact the Office of Student Financial Services for additional resources.
- As a Track I student, can I obtain certification prior to earning a Masters?
It is possible for Track I students to apply for certification after completing 30 semester hours of the graduate program, prior to graduation.
- Is there a deadline for admissions?
Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis for both fall and spring semesters.
- If I am certified in a related area, do I still have to student teach?
No, students who already hold initial certification in a related area, such as Physical Education, do not need to complete an additional student teaching placement.
- What is the best option if I want to be certified in Health Education and Physical Education?
Consider the 5 year dual degree program at Hofstra.