Special Education Admission Requirements
Each program has different requirements for admission. For information regarding the 5 Year Dual Degree Program in Psychology and Secondary Special Education Generalist, please visit the Hofstra Undergraduate Bulletin and contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission regarding the application procedure.
The following set of admission requirements are common among the various graduate programs:
- A completed application form to the master’s program.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendation addressing the applicant’s potential to succeed in the teaching of students with disabilities.
- A written personal statement of professional intent.
- Interview with a faculty member in Special Education.
However, it is essential that you explore the program or programs that you are interested in using the tabs above. You will be able to find out more information on specific admission requirements for each program via the Hofstra Bulletin.
To apply to any of our programs, please visit the Office of Graduate Admission.