After completing a minimum of 45 semester hours of college course work, students may apply for admission to the School of Education. Admission into the B.A. program is based on a comprehensive review of multiple criteria, including the following:
- A passing score on the Hofstra English Proficiency Exam,
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher on overall course work and liberal arts and sciences course work,
- Two letters of reference addressing the applicant’s potential to succeed in the teaching profession,
- A written personal statement of professional intent and rationale,
- An interview with the Program Director.