Students in the Department of Management & Entrepreneurship learn how to manage people and functions in all types of organizations, from tiny start-ups to multinational corporations. You will get a broad-based education in the theory and practice of human resources, operations and supply chains, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
The Department of Management & Entrepreneurship provides students with:
- The opportunity to study with professors who are committed to teaching and research, as well as having deep professional experience in their area of expertise.
- The chance to work with a team of student entrepreneurs to launch a new venture. These businesses are funded by Capital One, where bankers serve as mentors throughout the academic year.
- Active student clubs including Hofstra Start-Ups, the Society for Advancement of Management, and APICS – The Association for Operations Management, which host speaker forums and panels, and networking opportunities with successful alumni. These clubs also field student teams for national competitions.
- Majors in Management, Entrepreneurship and Supply Chain Management
- Internships in a wide range of business environments, including corporate, non-profit and public administration.
- Access to licensed SAP enterprise software, among the leading supply chain management software used by organizations worldwide, and the chance to become SAP certified before they graduate.