In order to maintain affiliation in the Dean's Business Scholars program, Zarb students must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA at the conclusion of every academic year.
- Attend at least three events each semester. Note that students are responsible for signing/swiping in at each event. The Dean’s Office will distribute event details and program requirements to students at the beginning of each semester.
- Participate as a member or leader of a Zarb student organization throughout their undergraduate program. Note that each scholar is responsible for informing the Dean’s Office of their membership in a Zarb student organization.
- Submit final resume (after review and approval by The Career Center) to be included in the Dean’s Business Scholars Resume Book. Resumes will be distributed to employers based on employers’ specifications for internships and full-time opportunities. First-year students are not required to submit a resume but must complete their Handshake profile on Hofstra’s career management system. Deadlines are listed below:
- Juniors/Seniors – Resume review and approval by The Career Center and final resume submission due by the end of the fall semester.
- Sophomores - Resume review and approval by The Career Center and final resume submission due by the end of the spring semester.
- First-Year Students – Completed Handshake profile on Hofstra’s career management system due by the end of the spring semester.
Students who do not meet the requirements above will be contacted by the Dean’s Office regarding program eligibility.