Stay on Long Island Initiative Scholarship Nassau Community College
Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship
Scholarships Available for Transfer Students
- Merit-based scholarships are awarded up to $18,000 per year. Click here to see our Scholarship Award Breakdown.
- All applicants for admission will be considered for these awards.
- Priority is given to students who complete their application by March 1 for the fall and November 1 for the spring.
- Scholarships are determined by the GPA earned at the time of admission.
Subject to Review
- All transfer students who have completed a minimum of 24 credits are reviewed for scholarships.
- For a student who has earned less than 24 credits (after high school), the student’s high school information is also considered when determining scholarship awards.
- The student must currently be in attendance, or have previously attended, an accredited institution of higher learning.
- GPA requirements for scholarship awards are cumulative among all colleges attended.
Girl Scout Gold Award
The Girl Scout Gold Award is awarded to freshmen or transfer students who have received the Girl Scout Gold Award within three (3) years of application to the University. For freshmen students: must be in the top 10% of high school graduating class and have attained at least a composite score of 1070 on the SAT or 23 on ACT. For transfer students: must have completed a minimum of 24 credits in a previously accredited institution(s) and earned a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher at all previously attended schools. Preference is given to a Girl Scout Gold Award recipient from Long Island, NY. The award amount varies and is renewable each year provided the student meets the renewal criteria as outlined in the undergraduate bulletin. Students must submit a copy of their gold award certificate and a letter from the Girl Scouts indicating the date the award was received by May 1st to: Hofstra University, The Office of Financial Aid, 202 Memorial Hall, Hempstead, NY 11549. Funding is limited, so those individuals who submit prior to the deadline are given priority consideration.
Phi Theta Kappa
The International Honor Society of the Two-Year College
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship: $2,500 per year
Special consideration is given to full-time students who hold membership in Phi Theta Kappa and meet the established requirements of a 3.5 GPA with 60 accepted transfer credits upon entry to Hofstra University. A letter of recommendation from the applicant's community college is required by May 1 in order to be considered for this award. Please send this letter to the address indicated below. Funding is limited so those who submit prior to the deadline are given priority consideration. The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship is available for students entering Hofstra University in the fall semester only.
Please send recommendation letter to:
Marie Letterii, Assistant Dean of Admission
Office of Undergraduate Admission, Bernon Hall
100 Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY 11549-1000
- Academic scholarships are subject to change.
- Exact amounts may vary from semester to semester.
- All scholarships are awarded on a funds-available basis.