Payment plans allow students and Authorized Users the option to spread their balance due for the fall or spring semester over a five-month payment period extending past the semester due date. Each payment is 20% of the net balance due for the semester. Enroll early for a discounted fee and to spread your payments out evenly. Payments are due June through October for the fall semester and November through March for the spring semester. The fee is due upon enrollment each semester. Simply enroll online when plans are available.
Payments are automatically calculated based upon the account balance. Please have all scholarship and financial aid documentation complete so proper credit can be applied to your account.
The payments are adjusted regularly in the overnight process if the balance changes. The balance is calculated as follows (amounts are for illustration purposes only):
|Charges per semester||$31,960|
|Less any Credits or Anticipated|
|Financial Aid posted per semester||$25,402|
|Equals Total Payment Plan Amount|
|To Be Divided Into Five Installments per semester||$ 6,558|
Plans open in mid-May for the fall and early November for the spring.
Details on Enrollment Dates, Fees, and Payment Dates are below.
(20% each payment)
|Fall||by 6/24||$37.50||$70||6/25, 7/25, 8/25, 9/25, 10/25|
|after 6/24||$60||$90||6/25, 7/25, 8/25, 9/25, 10/25|
|Spring||by 11/24||$37.50||$70||11/25, 12/25, 1/25, 2/25, 3/25|
|after 11/24||$60||$90||11/25, 12/25, 1/25, 2/25, 3/25|
- Enrollment remains open 6/25-8/24 for fall and 11/25-1/24 for spring.
- Undergraduate students can find a link to assist in estimating the payment plan in the portal under Student Services, then select Payment Plan Enrollment Estimates.
- Auto and Non-Auto Debit options are available.
- Online plan payments can be made from a personal banking account or by credit card through PayPath/Heartland, a third-party vendor.
Note: PayPath/Heartland charges a nonrefundable service fee of 2.95% (minimum $3) of the amount paid via credit card. This fee is established and charged solely by PayPath/Heartland and not by the University. The service fee is paid in full to and retained by PayPath/Heartland; the University does not receive any of this fee. The charge for the service fee will appear separately from the payment on your credit card statement.
- Non-auto debit payment plan installments can be made via wire through Flywire or Convera. The wire would be initiated as it would any other payment before it is due. Please allow sufficient time for processing the payment with your bank and submission to Hofstra University.
- Participation in a payment plan does not affect financial aid.
If paying by electronic check, a U.S. bank account is required to enroll in a payment plan. International students should contact their Student Financial Services counselor if they wish to enroll in a payment plan and do not have a U.S. bank account.
For more information on How to Enroll in a Payment Plan, refer to the instructions at hofstra.edu/sfshowto.
Once enrolled, installments missed or paid after each remaining due date are subject to a $100 late payment fee.
For assistance in understanding your plan, you can view the details of charges and anticipated credits online through the Hofstra portal any time or contact Student Financial Services at 516-463-8000.