Hofstra University is one of a few Universities throughout the country that uniquely features two mascots: Kate and Willie Pride, a lion and lioness. The two mascots are named after the University's benefactors William Hofstra and his wife Kate Davidson.
In summer 2001, a team of university officials under the direction of President Emeritus James M. Shuart developed and designed what is today known as Kate Pride and Willie Pride.
Kate and Willie can be found supporting the Hofstra Pride at sporting events, supporting their community at various charity events or just hanging out around campus with students. No matter where they are they are always having fun!
If you're interested in joining the Hofstra Pride as a mascot please fill out the application below and read through the requirements.
- Must be spirited and enthusiastic
- Must have excellent crowd interaction
- Must interact well with kids
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to handle/deal with negativity from opposing teams' fans
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must be accountable, timely and responsible
- Must be positive and respect your teammates, coach, and advisor
- Receive $25 per event
- Provide School Spirit
- Get the best seat in the house for Athletic events
- Have the opportunity to attend Mascot camp