Employee Learning & Development
Whether you want to develop your interpersonal or leadership skills or improve your technical proficiency, Learning and Development has programs for you. We offer one and three hour workshops and on-line learning opportunities that are designed to meet your learning style and schedule.
Learning & Development
Professional and management development seminars are available to staff and administration. They are designed to cultivate and enhance professional skills, allowing us to be effective in an ever-changing university environment. Seminars are conducted on campus, during the workday. Examples of topics include:
- Effective Workplace Communication
- Developing Cultural Intelligence
- Frontline Management
- Powerful Leadership Strategies
- Change Management
- Managing Emotions in the Workplace
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Valuing Differences: Understanding Diversity Issues
- Topics, presenters and content are subject to change.
For more information contact Elizabeth Lorentzen, Manager, Learning and Development, via e-mail or call extension 3-7442.
Enterprise eTIME is a time and labor management system where staff enter work and non-work (e.g., vacation, sick, personal days, etc.) time. This eliminates the need for paper time cards, reduces the risk for errors, and gives staff a "real time" view of their vacation, personal and sick time balances.
We have a number of training tools available to assist staff and managers with eTIME. Please click on each tool below to access. (You will be required to log into the MyHofstra portal to access these tools.)
E-time Training Tools – For Administrators
E-time Training Tools – For Staff (Union Employees)
- How to Enter Time in MyADP
- How to Enter a Day in MyADP when a Partial Shift is Worked
- How to Enter Time off in MyADP
- Approving your Timecard – Staff
- How to Approve a Student Timecard – Local 153 Employees
- How to Enter a Meal Allowance in MyADP
- How to Enter Summer Hours in MyADP
- How to Enter Time Off on a Summer Hour Day
E-time Training Tools – For Managers
E-time Training Tools – For Part-Time Employees
Computer literacy and proficiency is critical in an ever changing technical world. Hofstra offers employees the opportunity to enhance their skills in our commonly used Microsoft Office products through a series of online or in person trainings. Employee Development offers workshops in Microsoft Excel during the fall semester. To view and register for upcoming training, please see our Calendar page.
For more information contact Elizabeth Lorentzen, Manager, Learning and Development via e-mail or call extension 3-7442.