The Frank G. Zarb School of Business welcomes applications from baccalaureate degree holders from regionally accredited institutions or the non-U.S. equivalent. Applications are currently being accepted to our new distance learning Online MBA program for fall admission.
All applications are considered based on their own merits and must be completed before a decision can be made. In addition to completing the online application, applicants are strongly encouraged to upload and submit all supporting documents, including the personal statement, resume, letters of recommendation, and student copies of test scores and transcripts.* The Zarb School of Business has a policy of rolling admissions. However, prospective students are encouraged to submit completed applications well in advance of the fall start date.
The following items are required for your application of admission into the Online MBA program:
- The completed online application form for 2021 OR completed online application form for 2022.
- GMAT or GRE scores
This requirement may be waived if you can demonstrate at least five years of progressive work experience in managerial roles with increasing responsibilities in management of work teams, including direct reports, finances and budgets, multi-functional activities, and/or strategic initiatives. Please email a copy of your current resume to the Executive Director for waiver review.
Your resume must include details on specific roles and responsibilities related to your current and previous work experiences, AND details of your academic degree(s), including year(s) of graduation and cumulative GPAs. Qualification on the GMAT/GRE waiver is determined based on a review of your credentials and meeting the above conditions does not imply an automatic waiver on this requirement.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. *Unofficial student copies of test scores and transcripts may be submitted online to be used for application review. Please note, however, that official copies must be received by the Office of Graduate Admission upon acceptance
- Resume listing your professional experiences indicating increasing levels of responsibility, leadership potential, and commitment to professional education
- Two letters of recommendation - letters of recommendation may be requested and submitted through Hofstra’s online application system
- Personal statement indicating why you are interested in obtaining this degree and why you believe you would be successful in the program
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (international students only)
Preference is given to applicants with:
- Strong scores on the GMAT or GRE and TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable)
- High undergraduate GPAs
- At least two to three years of work experience although applicants with less work experience are also encouraged to apply
- High promise of success in graduate business studies
No specific undergraduate course of study is required for admission, nor is any specific course of study recommended. Undergraduate majors represented in the Zarb’s graduate programs include business, education, the natural sciences, the social sciences, engineering, the humanities, and nursing. In addition, many individuals with graduate degrees in areas such as medicine, law, education, and the liberal arts have earned the Zarb MBA.
Prospective candidates for admission are also invited to have a telephone call or videoconference. Alternatively candidates can also visit Hofstra, preferably during the fall or spring semesters, when arrangements can be made for prospective students to speak with other students, faculty, and administrators.
Arrangements for visits may be made by contacting Dr. Kaushik Sengupta, executive director for the Online MBA program:
Dr. Kaushik Sengupta
Executive Director, Online MBA Program
Room 126 Weller Hall
Hofstra University understands that many of today's working professionals need a flexible academic program to accommodate professional careers and personal lives. Our Online MBA program – ranked No. 15 in the nation by The Princeton Review and No. 36 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report – is the HIGHEST RANKED ONLINE MBA program in New York and is the ONLY program to be ranked under both studies.
The Online MBA program offers you the flexibility to advance your education and career without leaving home. Our Online MBA program is designed for experienced professionals looking for a focused education in strategic business management or strategic healthcare management. With high-level case study analysis, in addition to the Frank G. Zarb School of Business's rigorous core curriculum, this program will give you the tools necessary to take your education and future to new heights of success.
If you are unable to attend any of our on-site information sessions or scheduled webinars, please view our virtual information sessions below. Hear all about this exciting Online MBA program from Dr. Kaushik Sengupta, director and associate dean for Business Graduate Education.