The Division of Student Affairs embraces its core values and advances the Hofstra University mission and goals by working together to intentionally create a vibrant, healthy, and secure learning environment – where personal responsibility and positive action lead to thriving and success.
Our Core Values
- Student Perspective, voice, and engagement
- Growth, agency, learning, and resilience
- Community, diversity, and inclusion
- Positive relationships and collaboration
- Our role as caring, informed educators and mentors who challenge and support.
The Division of Student Affairs will be nimble, proactive, and model best and next practices. We will be responsive catalysts who embrace positive change, integrity, inclusion, and advocacy.
Vice President's Message
Our Hofstra Division of Student Affairs creates a nurturing, student-centered environment, focused on helping you succeed, connect to the Hofstra community, and prepare for life after college. Through 16 different departments within the Division of Student Affairs, we offer resources, support, challenge, services, and opportunities for you to actively engage in the campus community while you develop Hofstra PRIDE.
Meet the Staff
Open Office Hours
Vice President W. Houston Dougharty, Associate Vice President Jean Peden Christodoulou, and Dean of Students and Assistant Vice President Michelle Van-Ess Grant will offer open offices hours for an hour each week.
“It’s important for the three of us to join our Student Affairs Division colleagues in meeting students and getting to know about their successes and challenges at Hofstra,” said Dougharty. “Knowing and supporting students is what drew each of us to this profession and we hope these office hours will expand our opportunity to meet students, and allow them to be heard and understand how much we care about them. Not to mention the jelly beans and snacks that await.”
If you have any questions you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Office Hours Schedule:
- W. Houston Dougharty, Vice President for Students Affairs: email to schedule.
- Michelle Van-Ess Grant, Dean of Students and Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs: Thursdays 3:00pm-4:00pm 240 Sondra and David S. Mack Student Center
- Jean Peden Christodoulou, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs: Thursdays 2:00pm-3:00pm 200F Phillips Hall