Student Leadership & Engagement
Explore Next Door
The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement hosts Explore Next Door (END), a series of trips and experiences for undergraduate students to take advantage of New York City and the surrounding area. The Fall semester trips are open to all new students (first year and transfer) and our Spring semester trips are open to all undergraduate students. The purpose of this program is to introduce students to the cultural wealth of New York City and provide them with an opportunity to connect with their fellow students, faculty, and administrators outside of the classroom.
These opportunities can be in-person or virtual in nature.
We are excited to announce our Fall 2020 opportunities shortly.
Eligibility / Cancellation Policies
- The fall END trips are open only to new registered first-year and new transfer undergraduate students. During the spring semester trips are open to all registered undergraduate students. Students are required to pay a $10 cash deposit to hold their spot. Your deposit is refunded after you attend the event.
- One trip per semester per student during the fall semester.
- Student must be present on the date and time of sign up and present a valid Hofstra ID. Students may not sign up other students for trips.
- Sign ups take place in 244 Student Center at 11:30 a.m. on the days listed unless otherwise noted. Please note for some popular events, students line up before 11:30.
- Sign ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis; we cannot sign up anyone before 11:30 a.m. on the designated day.
- Students must cancel by 9 a.m. three business days before their scheduled event by contacting the Student Leadership Office in 244 Student Center at 516-463-6914.
- Any student who fails to cancel within the cancellation period will have to forfeit their deposit.
- If you are interested in attending an Explore Next Door Trip and have a disability requiring any kind of special travel needs, please contact the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement at (516) 463-6914 or email OSLE before the scheduled trip.
Meeting Locations and Times
You will get detailed information regarding the location and time for each trip when you sign up.