Student Leadership & Engagement
Looking To Get Involved?
Have You Checked Out GetInvolvedHU?
GetInvolvedHU (GIHU) is a database that features all our student organizations on campus! All undergraduate and graduate student clubs and organizations must be registered with updated information on GetInvolvedHU to be recognized by the university as a student group. This includes fraternities and sororities, all SGA-recognized organizations, club sports, and graduate student organizations.
Students can join a club or organization by submitting a request to join through GIHU.
To register as a new student:
- Log into the Portal
- Navigate to the top right hand side of the page to view your Apps
- Then Click on 'GetInvovledHU' (orange icon)
- If you're a first time-user, follow the steps for registration
- Once registered, browse GetInvolvedHU for opportunities to get involved! To search for organizations, simply click "organizations." There you can either search for the name of the club, filter by club category, or go through all 200+ clubs we currently have registered!
Are you a student organization leader who needs assistance using GetInvolvedHU?
GetInvolvedHU is apart of the Campus Labs Engage platform. You can use this link any time to search the Campus Labs help center or see below for a few quick helpful resources!
Event Check In Assistance: Starting Spring 2022, Student Leadership and Engagement will be launching a new event check in system to assist student organizations and Hofstra University departments in gathering data on their events and programs on campus.
- The Event Check-in App Walkthrough article will walk through the steps of using the app for those who will be taking attendance.
- How to Access Your Event Pass
- Accessibility in Engage
- Creating a New Event in your Organization
- Elections Creation & Management
- Engage Student Leader Resource Guide
- Names in Engage
- Organization Tools
- Sending a Message as an Organization Leader
Any questions about how to access or use GetInvolvedHU, email firstname.lastname@example.org