Student Hearing Board Application
The Student Hearing Board is a panel of student leaders who are responsible for adjudicating conduct hearings for students who have been charged with violations of University policy. A Student Hearing Board Member participates in all aspects of the conduct hearing process. This includes listening to testimony, questioning students and witnesses, reviewing facts and deliberating on the case with other board members, and voting to determine responsibility.
A Student Hearing Board Member should be familiar with all University and Residence Life policies as outlined in The Guide to Pride and The Living Factor. Because the disposition of conduct cases is extremely confidential, Student Hearing Board Members must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all conduct matters and must meet all of the other candidate requirements as outlined on the Student Hearing Board application.
Based on the Student Hearing schedule, Student Hearing Board members must be available between the hours of 4-8pm on Mondays or Thursdays throughout the academic year. For more information regarding the Student Hearing Board and/or member responsibilities, contact the Office of Community Standards, 240 Student Center, (516) 463-6913.
BUILD YOUR RESUME SKILLS
In addition to serving the Hofstra community, a Student Hearing Board Member will have the opportunity to build many important skills, some of which include: leadership, communication, teamwork and collaboration, critical and analytical thinking, professionalism, civic engagement, ethics, and more.
STUDENT HEARING BOARD
- Each applicant must meet the following requirements:
- A full-time matriculated student.
- In good academic standing with a cumulative G.P.A of 2.5 or greater.
- Available between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Mondays or Thursdays throughout the semester.
- In good standing with the Office of Community Standards.
- Cannot be a member of any campus media publication(s).
- Please fill out the application completely.
- After your application is reviewed, a member of the Office of Community Standards will contact you to schedule an interview.
Should you have any questions, please contact Dawn Marzella, Program Coordinator, at:
Office of Community Standards
240 Mack Student Center, North Campus
Thank you for your interest in the Student Hearing Board!