Clubs and Organizations
OSLE oversees the Student Government Association and approximately 200 undergraduate, fraternal, and graduate clubs and organizations, advised by various departments. Our diverse student clubs and organizations fall under the following categories:
Clubs and organizations are a great way for students to get involved and develop leadership skills. OSLE supports student club initiatives and works to aide in the club’s success. A complete list of active clubs and organizations can be found on Collegiate Link, a database that organizes student club information, allowing Hofstra constituents to browse club offerings, events, and more. Have an interest or passion not met by an existing Hofstra club or organization? OSLE will gladly work with students interested in forming new clubs. All clubs are supported and advised through a Club Advisor of their choosing in addition to the Programming Office which they are assigned (either the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement, Intercultural Engagement and Inclusion, or the Department of Recreation and Intramural Sports).
For more information about getting involved in clubs and organizations at Hofstra, contact the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement (260 Student Center) or send an email.
Interested in starting a club?
- Complete the New Club Registration Form and submit to OSLE. Must complete Club Constitution and select a Club Advisor.
- Present to the University Registration Committee to be recognized by Hofstra
- Register your organization on Collegiate Link
- If interested in becoming an SGA club, make a meeting with the Rules Chairperson to present your Constitution
An active club is defined as any organization that has been approved by the University Registration Committee and has updated and approved information on Collegiate Link. Active clubs are eligible to:
- Reserve space through Events Management
- Reserve atrium tables through OSLE
- Approve event flyers
- Access funds
- Host events