Are you an Employer?
The Hofstra Career Center is committed to helping employers connect with Hofstra students as easily as possible. Our goal is to effectively meet your recruiting needs, whether you are seeking candidates for internships, full-time entry level opportunities, part-time jobs or volunteer opportunities. We can also work with you to promote your company on campus.
Become a Pride Partner
Equal Opportunity Statement
Hofstra University is committed to administering all educational and employment activities without discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, except where one of these classifications constitutes bona fide occupational qualifications or statutory requirements. All persons, companies, and organizations who recruit, post opportunities (jobs, internships, fellowships, etc.), attend a career fair, source candidates from a resume book, host an information session or presentation at Hofstra University, or participate in any other recruiting-related activity must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines and the Policies & Guidelines laid out by Hofstra University listed.×
Employer Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I come to campus to meet with students?
- The Career Center offers various ways for employers to engage with students. Please call us at 516-463-6060 and ask to speak with a member of the external relations team. We can discuss a plan that meets your recruiting needs.
- Do I need to offer students credit or pay them for an internship?
- Students receiving academic credit for an internship must secure the proper department approvals before beginning an internship. As such, you do not offer the credit, and the position must meet the requirements set by the academic departments (requirements may vary by department.)
Unpaid internships, whether or not academic credit is involved, should abide by the guidelines set by the United States Department of Labor, which can be found at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.htm
The Career Center suggests that all internships offer a salary of at least minimum wage.
- How do I create an internship program?
- The External Relations staff of The Career Center is happy to speak with you about establishing your own internship program. Please contact us at 516-463-6060.
- Does the Career Center offer resume books of students?
- The Career Center does not offer a resume book service. However, through your Handshake account, you are able to conduct a search of the resumes and profiles that have been designated as “public” by our students and alumni.
- Can the Career Center send resumes directly to me?
- The Career Center cannot identify individual students and send resumes of those students to employers. We suggest using the resume search feature available through Handshake. When using this feature, employers are able to view the resumes of students who have opted in to this feature.
- How can I increase awareness my brand and opportunities on campus?
- Our External Relations team is happy to speak with you about the options available to raise awareness of your company and opportunities. The Career Center has Partner Program opportunities that can help companies increase visibility and brand awareness on the Hofstra campus. Please call us at 516-463-6060 and ask to speak with an External Relations team member.
- Our Majors:
- Lists of our undergraduate and graduate majors can be found online.
- Invite us to your site
- Would you like to invite students to your organization so that they can see your facility and environment? We would be happy to speak with you to discuss how we can arrange for a site visit. Please call the External Relations team at 516-463-6060.