Student Leadership and Activities encourages all students to participate in clubs and organizations. If you have a particular interest and are looking to join a club, please check Collegiate Link, visit the Office of Student Leadership and Activities or the Student Government Association for more information on how to join. However, if you do not find a club that has your particular interest in mind, you may create your own new club by following these simple steps. Once your club or organization is registered through the University Registration Committee, you are entitled to have your club approved through SGA. Once you are an SGA-approved club, you are eligible to have your events and programs funded by SGA through the Appropriations Committee. Just follow the Request for Funding procedure found on the Student Government Association web page. After you get approved for funding by the Student Government Association, please look over the Policies and Procedures for Accessing SGA Funds. If you have any questions or need more information regarding various club policies, please visit the SGA portion of the Student Leadership and Activities website or contact the Office of Student Leadership and Activities.
- Letter from Dean of Students
- Hofstra University Statement on Alcohol Beverage Control
- Hofstra University Alcohol Policy
The document below is only to serve as a guide. All individual requests would still need to go through the regular approval process which begins with contacting your Program Advisor.
Any Student Club or Organization that wishes to do an on-campus demonstration, must fill out an On-Campus Demonstration Form and return it to the Office of Student Leadership and Activities in Room 260 in the Mack Student Center. All signature lines must be signed in the order on the form and must be filled out.
Every student club or organization that is traveling for an event, conference, competition, etc. must fill out the Hofstra University Travel Policy. This policy must be submitted to the Office of Student Leadership and Activities a week prior to the event. All students that are going on the trip must fill out the policy form.
Each Student Club and Organization is able to reserve space for their various events throughout the semester. These events can be meetings, parties, lectures, guest speakers, etc. and can take place in variety of places throughout Hofstra University's campus. This can be done through the Office of Events Management. In order to reserve a room for your Club or Organization, an Organization Contact Form must be submitted beforehand to the Office of Events Management. Once this has been completed and submitted, the contacts on the form can reserve spaces for their Club or Organization by filling out a Student Room Request Form and handing it in to the Office of Events Management. To avoid confusion and ensure your Club or Organization books your space properly, we encourage you to refer to the Events Management Scheduling Guidelines for Student Organizations.
Student Clubs and Organizations can also reserve lounge space in residence halls. The Resident Hall Lounge Reservation Form must be filled out and returned to Amanda Horvat in Room 244 Mack Student Center 3 business days prior to the date requested.
Student Clubs and Organizations may use several resources to advertise for their events. Please take a look at the University Policy regarding advertising before you publicize your event. In addition students are welcome to use the Hofstra University Online Print Center for all their publications needs (flyers, posters, tickets, etc.). The resources student Clubs and Organizations can use are as followed (please click for complete policy regarding each resource):
- Student Club/Organization Table Form - Registered student organizations may use this form to request a table in the Mack Student Center atrium.
- External Vendor Atrium Table Contract - External vendors may use this form to request a table in the Mack Student Center atrium.
Student Clubs and Organizations can request financial support from the Dean of Students Office to help support new or enhanced programming efforts that benefit the entire Hofstra Community. To qualify, Clubs and Organizations must fill out a Dean of Students Funding Request. If approved for funds, a Dean of Students Follow Up Form must also be filed.
To submit a work order, students must fill out a Work Order Request Form and either give it to their program advisor in 260 of the Mack Student Center. All work order requests must be submitted 10 days prior to the event. A budget number must be submitted along with the form or the request will not be submitted to plant.
- Conference Registration/Travel Packet
- Lackmann Food Service and/or Outside Food Vendor Packet
- Single Engagement Contract Packet
- Independent Contractor Packet
- Photographer/Videographer Contract Packet
- Guest Lecturer Contract Packet
- Musician/Accompanist Contract Packet
- Items and Supplies Purchased under $500
- Items and Supplies purchased over $500
- Reimbursements Packet
- Cash Advances Packet
- Donations Packet
- New Club Registration Form
- Sample Constitution Template
- Student Organization Atrium Table Contract
- Student Government Association Request for Funding Form
- Purchase Request Form
- Check Request Form - PDF version.
- Check Request Form - Fillable form in Eexcel format - NEW!!
- Travel and Cash Advance Form
- Budget Transfer Form
- Single Engagement Contract
- Musician/Accompanist Contract
- Guest Lecturer Contract
- Guest Lecturer Volunteer Form
- Rider to Guest Lecturer (Nonresident Alien) Contract
- Photographer/Videographer Contract
- Independent Contractor Contract
- Equipment Rental Contract
- Contract Information Form
- Contract Approval Form
- W-9 Form
- Request for Funding/Reimbursement Form - This form must be filled out every time your budget is accessed. This form is the cover sheet that needs to be attached to all other paperwork that you submit to get reimbursed for any approved expenditures (i.e. items on personal credit cards, conference registration, travel expenses, etc)
- Graduate Organization Manual - This document is a guide to creating and maintaining a graduate club on campus. (Rev. 9/12)
- Budget Proposal Form - Use this form to submit a request a budget for your organization.
- Sample Budget Proposal Form - Use this excel spreadsheet to itemize spending and attach to the above form. (NEW 2/25/13)
- Collegiate Link FAQs - An overview on how to create your organization on Collegiate Link.
- Membership Form - Use this form to indicate your membership roster. You can also use this form to keep track of your attendance at events.
- Conference Reimbursement Form - Use this form when you need to get reimbursed for approved expenses related to attending a conference.
- Contract Information Form - This form must be filled out along with the Contract Approval form and attached to all contracts.
- Contract Approval Form - This form must be filled out along with the Contract Information form and attached to all contracts.
- Guest Lecturer Contract Form - This form must be filled out if you are having an event with a PAID guest speaker along with the Contract Information and Contract Approval forms. (Rev. 9/12)
- Guest Lecturer Volunteer Form - This form must be filled out if you are having an event with an UNPAID guest speaker along with the Contract Information and Contract Approval forms. (Rev. 9/12)
- Non-Resident Guest Lecturer Form - This form must be filled out if you are having an event with a guest speaker who is not a legal resident of the U.S. along with the Contract Information and Contract Approval forms. (Rev. 9/12)
- Independent Contractor Form - (Rev. 9/12)
- Musician Accompanist Form - This form must be filled out if you are having a musical act at your event along with the Contract Information and Contract Approval forms. (Rev. 9/12)
- Photographer Contract Form - This form must be filled out if you are using a photographer along with the Contract Information and Contract Approval forms. (Rev. 9/12)
- Single Engagement Contract Form - This form is a one time contract between Hofstra and a third party along with the Contract Information and Contract Approval forms.
- Check Request Form - This form needs to be filled out with the vendor or individual information in order for them to be paid/reimbursed. (NEW 11/15/12)
- Check Request Form - Sample check request filled out. Use this as a reference - NEW! (2/25/13)
- W-9 Form - This form must be filled out for and signed by vendors and non-Hofstra personnel if they are to be paid.
- Purchase Request Form - This form must be filled out if you require a purchase order for goods or services for your club or organization over $500 (ex: Bus rental for trips, equipment etc.)
- Travel and Cash Advance Form - Only your faculty or staff advisor can receive a cash advance and use this form.