- The cost for the use of a table is $125 a table per day. Payment is to be given to the Hofstra Sponsor immediately by check or money order only, made out to “Hofstra University”.
- Vendor agrees to comply with and uphold all University policies, which can be found on the Hofstra University website at www.hofstra.edu/policies. Vendor shall not promote the sale of any items prohibited on the Hofstra campus, i.e. candles, incense, products referring to or supporting the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Vendor will be held responsible for any damage done to University property by its employees, agents, invitees, or guests.
- Hofstra University and the sponsoring student organization are NOT responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged goods.
- If the Vendor cancels its obligation or does not show up at all, it must pay the sponsor any reasonable cost incurred by the University or sponsoring student organization.
- Only ONE 6-foot table (provided) may be used per day, per group. All items sold must be displayed behind the table and within its parameters. Vendors are NOT permitted to bring their own tables.
- Vendors are not permitted to solicit students at the entrances of the Student Center.
- Vendors must remain in the parameters of their table, either behind it or immediately in front of it.
- Flyers that are distributed must be approved by Hofstra University.
- Vendors are to respect the Hofstra community and other vendors in the atrium.
- Amplification (audio/video) at a table must be approved by the Associate Dean of Students.
- Vendors must provide Bill of Sale for items being sold.
- Vendors must comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including all laws applicable to any goods being offered for sale.
- Vendor, on behalf of itself, its agents, and employees, shall, at its own cost and expense, defend, indemnify and hold the University, its trustees, officers, employees, servants, representatives, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, loss, expense (including attorney fees, witness fees and all court costs), damage and liability (including statutory liability) resulting from injury and/or death of any person or damage to or loss of any property caused by any negligent or wrongful act, error or omission or breach of contract by Vendor, its employees, agents, invitees or guests.
- The person submitting this request form certifies that s/he has authority to sign on behalf of the Vendor.
- Hofstra University and the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement reserves the right to void any external vendor table agreements
In compliance with Section 6437 of Article 129-A of the Education Law, Hofstra University has adopted the following rules and regulations: no person, corporation, financial institution, nor any other business entity that promotes, offers, or accepts applications for a credit card shall solicit current or potential students for credit card applications, nor conduct any other activity in connection with credit card solicitation on Hofstra University property or at Hofstra University-Sponsored Events. The posting of material on Hofstra University property, setting up display tables on Hofstra University property, inserting credit card promotional material into shopping bags that are used in the University Bookstore or events sponsored by Hofstra University, and mailing advertisements in campus mailboxes, and any other marketing of credit cards, are all prohibited. Banks, lending institutions and financial agencies must submit in writing the specific goals they have for participating in campus programs. Such institutions are prohibited from giving gifts or promotional items in an effort to entice students to sign up for services that have direct connection to the issuance of a credit card. Example: signing up for checking account automatically includes a credit card.
Vendor represents and warrants that it is in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations governing the provision of all products or services it offers on University premises. Vendor further represents and warrants that any consumer product offered is of merchantable quality, satisfactory and safe for consumer use, and fit for the particular purpose for which it is advertised.
Vendor shall, to the fullest extent permitted by law and at its own cost and expense, defend, indemnify and hold Hofstra University and its trustees, directors, employees, servants, representatives and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, expenses (including attorney’s fees, witness fees and all court and litigation costs) and liability (including statutory liability), resulting from injury and/or death of any person or damage to or loss of any property arising out of its negligent or wrongful act, error or omission or breach of contract, in connection with this event or from breach of any representation or warranty made in this agreement.
Vendor shall secure and maintain the following insurance policies in full force and effect during the term of the agreement: Commercial General Liability insurance for limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence bodily Injury and Property Damage Combined, $1000,000 per occurrence Personal and Advertising injury, $2,000,000 aggregate Products and Completed Operations Liability, $100,000 Fire Legal Liability and $2,000,000 General Aggregate limit per location and Automobile Liability Insurance for Bodily Injury and Property Damage in the amount of $1,000,000 combined and covering all owned, non-owned and hired vehicles.
If you have any questions, please email us.