Programs and Courses
Students who major or minor in French, Italian, or Spanish can expect to:
- develop linguistic skills in oral and written expression
- develop a sense of the cultural aspects of the peoples who speak the target language
- and gain the ability to read and analyze literature written in the target language.
Students who major or minor in Latin American and Caribbean Studies (LACS) will study the region's
This interdisciplinary program offers a wide array of courses on Latin America, the Caribbean, and related diasporas in the United States. The programs coordinates courses from departments throughout the University, it also offers senior seminars and opportunities for independent course work.
Visit the LACS website.
- Romance Languages and Literatures
- French Literature in Translation
- Italian Literature in Translation
- Italian Studies
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Spanish Literature in Translation