Co-op Program Application Procedure and Forms
Each student who wishes to participate in the program will be responsible for submitting to the Co-op office via email the following documents:
- Resume (Reviewed by the Career Center)
- Co-op Student Application Form
- Student Statement of Understanding
- Graduation Advisement Checklist (signed by SEAS advisor)
- For CS MS Student only - Certificate of Full-Time Graduate Status
- International students only - F-1 Curricular Practical Training Application & Registration/Add/Drop Form
Students applying for a co-op position must register for their next semester classes in accordance with university deadlines. Class registration may be cancelled once a co-op position is accepted.
Procedures for Receiving/Accepting a Job Offer:
- Submit a copy of your offer letter for approval to the Co-op Director at Philip.M.Coniglio[at]hofstra.edu. Offer letters must include start and finish dates and salary.
- Once the Co-op Director has approved your offer letter, sign and email a copy of the letter to the company and the Co-op Director.
- Notify other co-op companies where you have applied and have interviewed that you have accepted another offer.
- Contact Lori Castoria in the Engineering Office or Lynda Callahan in the Computer Science office to register for COOP199 (Undergraduate) or COOP299 (Graduate).
- Cancel any courses you’ve registered for in the upcoming semester.
- Contact the Co-op Director to schedule an appointment to review co-op responsibilities and procedures. All forms listed above must be submitted prior to the meeting.