ZARB VISION STATEMENT
The Zarb School of Business leverages its accomplished faculty, varied delivery modes and superior facilities to foster teaching excellence and rigorous academic research, while infusing its broad, traditional business curricula with a deeper focus on business analytics, coupled with the expansion of experiential learning opportunities, to accelerate the careers of the School’s diverse student audiences and to facilitate economic growth, both in the region and across the country. Most particularly, the Zarb School seeks to make the highest use of its comprehensive assets and to be a change agent for healthcare innovation and business entrepreneurship on a national scale.
The mission of the Zarb School of Business is educating for personal and professional achievement. We are dedicated to a student-focused education that provides our students with the fundamental knowledge and decision-making skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. Our educational mission is driven by a commitment to academic excellence and is enriched by the opportunities of our location.
We realize our Mission and Educational Philosophy by offering multiple-degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels and adhering to the following Values, Principles and Practices:
- Maintaining a collegiate setting dedicated to the advancement of learning and knowledge
- Supporting high standards of ethical conduct among all members of the Zarb School community
- Valuing diversity and creating a supportive and collegial environment
- Maintaining a culture of academic excellence by supporting and rewarding faculty achievements in teaching, scholarship and service
- Cultivating close faculty interaction with students to develop their personal and professional skills
- Attracting motivated students who will be respected for their personal and professional success and contributions to society
- Bringing cutting-edge business practices and current academic insight to our students
- Striving for continuous improvement through regular assessment of our mission, educational philosophy and educational outcomes
CORE EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Zarb School is committed to a rigorous and relevant curriculum that seeks to achieve the core educational goals stated below. The achievement of each goal is validated through a robust assurance of learning program as described later in this report.
- Strong functional knowledge in the student’s area of specialization
- Proficiency in communication
- Development of analytical and critical thinking skills for effective decision making
- Understanding the issues of the contemporary global business environment
- Knowledge of current information and communication technologies
- Awareness of the ethical and social responsibility issues in business