Trustee Scholarship Program
This four-year full-tuition scholarship is for students with impressive academic credentials, demonstrated commitment to community and school, and other distinguished talents.
This scholarship is offered to Hofstra University's top applicants who demonstrate both academic excellence and extracurricular involvement. Of the students who applied to Hofstra for the 2019-2020 academic year, this scholarship was awarded to students who on average achieved a 1523 SAT score (or ACT equivalent) and weighted GPA of 4.2 and were typically in the top 10% of their high school graduating class.
*We recommend students interested in the Trustee Scholarship apply Early Action to Hofstra. Apply by November 15 for Early Action 1 or December 15 for Early Action 2.
Distinct advantages that go with the financial security of a full tuition scholarship at Hofstra include:
- An intellectual home at Hofstra in one of our more than 160 academic programs and majors.
- Faculty with national and international reputations.
- The opportunity to join a community of more than 320 Hofstra University Honors College entering first-year students.
- Hofstra's proximity to New York City makes available extraordinary professional, cultural, and social prospects.
- Preparation for prestigious graduate schools or employment options are available.
Trustee Scholars are nominated to the President's Advisory Council and are invited to join Hofstra University Honors College.
The Trustee Scholarship program award is renewable for four years (with the renewal criteria).
If you have any questions about our Trustee Scholarship program, please contact Shannon Decker, Assistant Dean of Admission, at 516-463-6689 or at Shannon.P.Decker@hofstra.edu.