Welcome! The Office of Contract Administration, operating under the direction of the Office of Financial Affairs, is responsible for the processing of all University contracts. The Office provides a variety of services to guide departments through the contract review process and to ensure that contracts entered on behalf of the University comply with University policies, and applicable federal and state laws and regulations. The services provided include developing and maintaining standard contract forms, coordinating the legal, insurance and financial reviews, providing training and assistance in the resolution of contract disputes.
Contract Administration is committed to working with all University departments to ensure the timely review and processing of all agreements. All University agreements must be signed by the President or Senior Vice President for Financial Affairs, or in rare cases, a designee authorized by the President.
This website is provided as a resource for departments and includes convenient access to relevant forms and information. Should you have specific questions or comments, please contact the office.
All University agreements must be signed by the President or Senior Vice President for Financial Affairs, or in rare cases, a designee authorized by the President.
(All forms are pdf fillable and restricted to my.hofstra.edu)
- Contract Approval Form (Revised 11/12/20)
- Contract Information Form (includes Independent Consultant Checklist) (Revised 9/1/18)
Standard Contract Agreement Templates
- Single Engagement Contract Independent Contractor (Revised 12/1/20)
- Single Engagement Independent Contractor – Athletics (Revised 12/1/20)
- Single Engagement Contract for Photographers/Videographers (Revised 12/8/20)
- Single Engagement Contract for Photographers/Videographers - Athletics (Revised 11/23/20)
- Single Use Location Agreement for Filming (Revised 1/4/21)
- Single Engagement Agreement for a Musician, Accompanist, or DJ (Revised 12/1/20)
- Guest Lecturer Contract (Revised 12/1/20)
- Independent Contractor Agreement (Revised 6/2020)
- Independent Consultant Agreement – Grants Office (Revised 6/3/20)
- Museum Guest Art Contract (Revised 12/1/20)
- Equipment Rental Agreement (Revised 9/1/18)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When is a contract required?
- In general, a contract is required for services provided to the University and/or if payment deposits or progress payments need to be made.
- May I sign a contract?
- No, all University agreements must be signed by the President or Senior Vice President for Financial Affairs, or in rare cases, a designee authorized by the President.
- Every contract? Even a small one for a one-time activity having no financial terms?
- Every contract, no exceptions, must be signed by the President or Senior Vice President for Financial Affairs, or in rare cases, a designee authorized by the President. It is essential the all contracting authority be centralized to ensure proper fiscal control, adherence to legal requirements, and full information for the proper insuring of University activities and risks.
- Has the University developed standard agreements for routine activities?
- Yes, a number of standard agreements have been developed and are routinely reviewed by the Office of General Counsel to ensure proper adherence to University policies, and federal and state laws and regulations. See a listing of pdf fillable forms.
- How do I submit a contract?
- Please email your contract, along with the required completed Contract Approval and Contract Information Forms, to contractadmin[at]hofstra.edu.
- How long will it take to process my contract?
- It takes a minimum of two weeks to review and process a contract. Some contracts may require more time to review and process. All contracts should be submitted at least three weeks before the contract renewal deadline or event. Once the contract is reviewed and signed, the Office of Contract Administration will send an executed copy of the contract via email to the University staff member designated as the contact on the Contract Information Form.
- Can I request that a contract be fast-tracked?
- In rare cases, contract review may be fast-tracked. Please note that all requests to fast-track a contract must be submitted before or at the time of submission to the Office of Contract Administration. Please contact Jacqueline Kleinman, Director of Contract Administration, Jacqueline.A.Kleinman@hofstra.edu, for more information.
- How do I pay a vendor by check?
- Once the contract is executed, send a check requisition form, a copy of the executed contract, and, if necessary, the Independent Contractor Checklist (page 3 of the Contract Information Form) and Form W-9, to Accounts Payable, Phillips Hall 011G.
- How do I request a purchase order?
- The Office of Contract Administration will determine if a contract requires a Purchase Order (PO) number to process payment. A PO number will be assigned to the executed contract when it is distributed to your department. The PO number will be indicated on the executed contract and included in the distribution email. There is no need to submit a Purchase Requisition to7 Procurement Services for contracts processed by the Office of Contract Administration.
When a contract is assigned a PO by the Office of Contract Administration, please ensure that you transmit the executed contract to the vendor for their records and invoicing purposes. A printed copy of the PO will notbe issued and the PO number mustbe indicated on all invoices submitted to the Accounts Payable Department for payment. PO numbers for contracts will begin with a unique prefix of PZ, for easy identification purposes.
When you are ready to request payment to the vendor, the following items are required by Accounts Payable:
- A completed Check Request Form indicating the PO number (if applicable).
- A vendor invoice, indicating the PO number (if applicable).
- A copy of the fully-executed contract.
- A completed W-9 form for new suppliers.
- An Independent Contractor Questionnaire (if applicable).
When a PO is not assigned to a contract, you also will be notified by the Office of Contract Administration when the executed contract is distributed to your department. Please ensure that you transmit the executed contract to the vendor for their records and invoicing purposes.For more information on purchase requisitions and purchase orders, please visit visit Procurement Services.
- How do I obtain assistance during contract negotiation?
- The Office of General Counsel shall be consulted at the outset of negotiations. Departments also are encouraged to consult with the Office of General Counsel at the outset of any matter involving non-standard terms and conditions.
Contact the Office of Contract Administration
128 Hofstra University
Phillips Hall, Room 100
Hempstead, NY 11549