Student Financial Services - made up of Financial Aid, the Bursar, and Registrar - assists students and their families with funding a Hofstra education, registering for classes, and other administrative processes.
- Financial Aid - Financial Aid is here to help you make the most of the funding options available to you.
- Bursar/Student Accounts - The Office of the Bursar/Student Accounts is responsible for the billing, the processing of payments, refunds and the collections of receivables of all student accounts.
- Registrar - The Office of the Registrar is responsible for registration, collecting grades and attendance data, and other academic processes.
- Monday September 12 - Last day to register for a course without an override
- Monday September 12 - Last day to drop full semester course(s) and receive a full refund
- Tuesday September 13 - Override must be submitted by academic department to add/register for course(s)
- Tuesday September 13 - 75% tuition refund period begins, ends September 19
- Thursday September 15 - Late payment fee assessed to unpaid balances ($150)
- Tuesday September 20 - 50% tuition refund begins, ends September 26
- Tuesday September 27 - 25% tuition refund begins, ends October 3
- Monday October 3 - Last day to drop a course without receiving a grade of "W" on transcript
- Monday October 3 - Absolute last day to register or add a class
- Monday October 10 - Last day to file a Pass/D+/D/Fail form
- Thursday October 13 - Friday October 14 - Mid Semester Break - Classes not in session - Administrative Offices are open
- Sunday October 23 - SPRING 2023 REGISTRATION begins for Graduate and Seniors 11:00am
- Tuesday October 25 - Mid Semester Advisories Due
- Wednesday October 26 - SPRING 2023 REGISTRATION begins for Junior class standing 1:30pm
- Sunday October 30 - SPRING 2023 REGISTRATION begins for Sophomore class standing 11:00am
- Wednesday November 2 - SPRING 2023 REGISTRATION begins for Freshman class standnig 1:30pm
- Monday November 14 - Last day to file a Repeat Course Form
- Monday November 14 - Last day for UG student to withdraw from an individual course
- Tuesday November 22 - CONVERSION DAY - CLASSES FOLLOW A THURSDAY SCHEDULE
- Wednesday November 23 - CONVERSION DAY - CLASSES FOLLOW A FRIDAY SCHEDUKLE
- Thursday November 24 - Sunday November 27 - Thanksgiving Break - No Classes and Administrative Offices will be closed
- Friday December 9 - Last day to completely withdraw from all course - UG Students ONLY
- Monday December 12 - UG Snow/Study Reading Day
- Monday December 12 - GR classes meet, last day for GR students to withdraw from a course
- Tuesday December 13 - Monday December 19 - Final exams for all classes
- Monday December 19 - Semester ends
- Monday December 20 - Commencement
If you know what you're looking for, use the self-service links below for all your financial services needs.
- Financial Friday – Am I eligible for a re-evaluation?
- Financial Friday - Filing your FAFSA
- Financial Friday - Paying for College
- Financial Friday – FERPA vs. Authorized User vs. eSpace: Know the Difference
- Financial Friday – Making An Online Payment
- Financial Friday – Payment Plan Option
- How to Read Your Bill & the Dewar Tuition Insurance Plan
- Financial Friday – Bridging the Gap
- Financial Friday – What to do after you accept your loans
Student Financial Services A-Z
Most common student requests can be completed online. The following transactions can be completed in the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu:
- Payments can be made online through the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu 24/7 via electronic check with no additional fee, or by credit card through a third party contractor, PayPath, with a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% (minimum $3) of the amount charged.
- Course registration
- Review your semester charges
- Accept your financial aid
- Upload missing documents to process your financial aid
If you need to have a financial hold removed from your account, please keep in mind that financial holds due to outstanding account balances are removed when the balance is cleared systematically several times per day during peak periods. A hold preventing the release of a transcript is in place until the payment clears your bank unless payment is made via certified funds.
- Registration form
- Enrollment verification/certification
- Change of major
- Transcript requests
- All other academic records/registrar forms
The Student Financial Services Suite, in Memorial Hall, is open for the following transactions only
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday 9am – noon (June 4 – July 30, 2021)
- Pick up checks, enrollment verification, diplomas, transcripts
- Drop off check payments in the secure mail slot outside of Room 205
- Prior scheduled appointments
Masks must be worn at all times. Please use hand sanitizer before entering the reception area.
To get in touch with Student Financial Services virtually or over the phone you can:
- Email us at SFS@hofstra.edu
- Call us at 516-463-8000 to schedule an appointment, if needed.