Student Financial Services - made up of Financial Aid, the Bursar, and Registrar - assists students and their families with funding a Hofstra education, registering for classes, and other administrative processes.
- Financial Aid - Financial Aid is here to help you make the most of the funding options available to you.
- Bursar/Student Accounts - The Office of the Bursar/Student Accounts is responsible for the billing, the processing of payments, refunds and the collections of receivables of all student accounts.
- Registrar - The Office of the Registrar is responsible for registration, collecting grades and attendance data, and other academic processes.
- May 12 - Last day to completely withdraw from ALL courses - Undergraduate students
- May 13 & 14 - Snow/Study/Reading day for UG students. GR classes meet as usual
- May 14 - Last day to withdraw from course(s) - Graduate students
- May 16-22 - Final Exams
- May 17 - Summer 1, 2021 Tuition due date
- May 18 - Summer 1 - Late fee applied to unpaid tuition
- May 24 - Commencement
- May 25 - Summer 1, 2021 Classes begin
- May 25 - Summer 1 - Last day to register without Instructor approval
- May 26 - Summer 1 - Late registration Fee ($100) for new registrations; Change of Program fee ($25) begins
- May 26 - Summer 1 - Override required for all classes
- May 31 - University Closed for Holiday Observance
- May 31 - Summer 1 - Last day to drop a class without receiving a "W"
- June 3 - Summer 1 - Last Day to File Pass/D+/D/Fail form
- June 3 - Summer 1 - Absolute last day to register/add a course in 4 week session
- June 7 - Summer 1 - Absolute last day to register/add a course in 5 week session
- June 15 - Summer 1 - Last day to elect Repeat Course Option
- June 15 - Summer 1 - Last day to withdraw from a 4 week session course
- June 18 - University Closed for Holiday Observance
- June 21 - Summer 2, 2021 Tuition Deadline
- June 22 - Summer 2 - Late fee applied to unpaid tuition
- June 22 - Summer 1 - Last day to withdraw from a 5 week session course
- June 30 - Summer 2 Classes begin
- June 30 - Summer 2 - Last day to register without Instructor approval
If you know what you're looking for, use the self-service links below for all your financial services needs.
- Financial Friday – Am I eligible for a re-evaluation?
- Financial Friday - Filing your FAFSA
- Financial Friday - Paying for College
- Financial Friday – FERPA vs. Authorized User vs. eSpace: Know the Difference
- Financial Friday – Making An Online Payment
- Financial Friday – Payment Plan Option
- How to Read Your Bill & the Dewar Tuition Insurance Plan
- Financial Friday – Bridging the Gap
- Financial Friday – What to do after you accept your loans
Student Financial Services A-Z
Most common student requests can be completed online. The following transactions can be completed in the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu:
- Payments can be made online through the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu 24/7 via electronic check with no additional fee, or by credit card through a third party contractor, PayPath, with a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% (minimum $3) of the amount charged.
- Course registration
- Review your semester charges
- Accept your financial aid
- Upload missing documents to process your financial aid
If you need to have a financial hold removed from your account, please keep in mind that financial holds due to outstanding account balances are removed when the balance is cleared systematically several times per day during peak periods. A hold preventing the release of a transcript is in place until the payment clears your bank unless payment is made via certified funds.
- Registration form
- Enrollment verification/certification
- Change of major
- Transcript requests
- All other academic records/registrar forms
The Student Financial Services Suite, in Memorial Hall, is open for the following transactions only
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday 9am – noon (June 4 – July 30, 2021)
- Pick up checks, enrollment verification, diplomas, transcripts
- Drop off check payments in the secure mail slot outside of Room 205
- Prior scheduled appointments
Masks must be worn at all times. Please use hand sanitizer before entering the reception area.
To get in touch with Student Financial Services virtually or over the phone you can:
- Email us at SFS@hofstra.edu
- Call us at 516-463-8000 to schedule an appointment, if needed.