Student Financial Services - made up of Financial Aid, the Bursar, and Registrar - assists students and their families with funding a Hofstra education, registering for classes, and other administrative processes.
- Financial Aid - Financial Aid is here to help you make the most of the funding options available to you.
- Bursar/Student Accounts - The Office of the Bursar/Student Accounts is responsible for the billing, the processing of payments, refunds and the collections of receivables of all student accounts.
- Registrar - The Office of the Registrar is responsible for registration, collecting grades and attendance data, and other academic processes.
- Sunday - Saturday, March 20 - 26 - Spring Break - Classes not in session, administrative offices are open
- Sunday, March 27 - Fall 2022 registration opens for Seniors and Graduate students at 11am
- Sunday, March 27 - Summer 2022 registration opens for all students
- Wednesday, March 30 - Fall 2022 registration opens for Juniors at 1:30pm
- Sunday, April 3 - Fall 2022 registration opens for Sophomores at 11am
- Wednesday, April 6 - Fall 2022 registration opens for Freshmen at 1:30pm
- Friday, April 15 - UG last day to file Repeat Course Form
- Friday, April 15 - UG Last day to withdraw from an individual course
- Wednesday, May 11 - UG - Last day to completely withdraw from the Spring 22 semester
- Thursday and Friday, May 12 & 13 - UG - Snow/Study/Reading day for UG students. GR classes meet as scheduled
- Friday, May 13 - GR - last day to withdraw from course
- Sunday - Saturday, May 15 - 21 - Final exams for all classes
- Monday, May 16 - Summer 1 tuition due date
- Tuesday, May 17 - Summer 1 late payment fee assessed
- Sunday, May 22 - Commencement
- Tuesday, May 24 - Summer 1 classes begin
- Wednesday, May 25 - Summer 1 - Course override needed for all classes
- Wednesday, May 25 - Summer 1 - Late Registration fee begins ($100)
- Monday, May 30 - University closed for Holiday observance
- Monday, May 30 - Summer 1 - Last day to drop a course without receiving a "W"
- Thursday, June 2 - Summer 1 - Absolute last day to register or add a course
- Thursday, June 2 - Summer 1 - Last day to file Pass/D+/D/Fail form
- Tuesday June 14 - Summer 1 - Last day to choose a Repeat Course Option
- Tuesday, June 14 - Summer 1 - Last day to Withdraw from a course
- Monday, June 20 - University closed for Holiday observance
- Monday, June 20 - Summer 2 tuition due
- Tuesday, June 21 - Summer 2 late payment fee assessed
- Wednesday, June 29 - Summer 2 classes begin
- Thursday, June 30 - Summer 2 - Course override required for all courses
- Thursday, June 30 - Summer 2 - Late registration fee begins ($100)
- Monday, July 4 - University closed for Holiday observance
- Tuesday, July 4 - Summer 2 - Last day to drop a course without receiving a "W"
- Saturday, July 9 - Summer 2 - Absolute last day to register or add a course
- Saturday, July 9 - Summer 2 - Last day to file Pass/D+/D/Fail form
- Wednesday, July 20 - Summer 2 - Last day to choose a Repeat Course Option
- Wednesday, July 20 - Summer 2 - Last day to Withdraw from a course
If you know what you're looking for, use the self-service links below for all your financial services needs.
- Financial Friday – Am I eligible for a re-evaluation?
- Financial Friday - Filing your FAFSA
- Financial Friday - Paying for College
- Financial Friday – FERPA vs. Authorized User vs. eSpace: Know the Difference
- Financial Friday – Making An Online Payment
- Financial Friday – Payment Plan Option
- How to Read Your Bill & the Dewar Tuition Insurance Plan
- Financial Friday – Bridging the Gap
- Financial Friday – What to do after you accept your loans
Student Financial Services A-Z
Most common student requests can be completed online. The following transactions can be completed in the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu:
- Payments can be made online through the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu 24/7 via electronic check with no additional fee, or by credit card through a third party contractor, PayPath, with a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% (minimum $3) of the amount charged.
- Course registration
- Review your semester charges
- Accept your financial aid
- Upload missing documents to process your financial aid
If you need to have a financial hold removed from your account, please keep in mind that financial holds due to outstanding account balances are removed when the balance is cleared systematically several times per day during peak periods. A hold preventing the release of a transcript is in place until the payment clears your bank unless payment is made via certified funds.
- Registration form
- Enrollment verification/certification
- Change of major
- Transcript requests
- All other academic records/registrar forms
The Student Financial Services Suite, in Memorial Hall, is open for the following transactions only
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday 9am – noon (June 4 – July 30, 2021)
- Pick up checks, enrollment verification, diplomas, transcripts
- Drop off check payments in the secure mail slot outside of Room 205
- Prior scheduled appointments
Masks must be worn at all times. Please use hand sanitizer before entering the reception area.
To get in touch with Student Financial Services virtually or over the phone you can:
- Email us at SFS@hofstra.edu
- Call us at 516-463-8000 to schedule an appointment, if needed.