Student Financial Services - made up of Financial Aid, the Bursar, and Registrar - assists students and their families with funding a Hofstra education, registering for classes, and other administrative processes.
- Financial Aid - Financial Aid is here to help you make the most of the funding options available to you.
- Bursar/Student Accounts - The Office of the Bursar/Student Accounts is responsible for the billing, the processing of payments, refunds and the collections of receivables of all student accounts.
- Registrar - The Office of the Registrar is responsible for registration, collecting grades and attendance data, and other academic processes.
- September 28, 2021 - Fall 2021 Last day to drop a course without receiving a "W" grade on transcript
- September 28, 2021 - Fall 2021 Absolute last day to regsiter or add a course
- October 3, 2021 - January 2022 registrations opens for all students
- October 3, 2021 - Spring 2022 registration opens for Seniors
- October 5, 2021 - Fall 2021 Last day to submit Pass/D+/D/Fail form
- October 10, 2021 - Spring 2022 registration opens for Juniors
- October 13, 2021 - Fall 2021 - Conversion Day - Follow Friday schedule
- October 14 - 15, 2021 - Fall 2021 - Mid Semester Break - Classes not in session
- October 17, 2021 - Spring 2022 registration opens for Sophomores
- October 24, 2021 - Spring 2022 registration opens for First Year students
- November 9, 2021 - Last day to file the Repeat Course Form
- November 9, 2022 - Last day for Undergraduates to withdraw from individual courses
- November 9, 2023 - Note: For courses shorter than 15 weeks, the student must withdraw within the first 2/3 of the course
- November 24-27, 2021 - Thanksgiving Break - Classes Not in Session
- December 9, 2021 - Fall 2021 Last day to completely withdraw from all courses - UG students
- December 10, 2021 - Snow/Study/Reading Day for UG only, GR classes will meet
- December 11 - 17, 2021 - Final exams for all students
If you know what you're looking for, use the self-service links below for all your financial services needs.
- Financial Friday – Am I eligible for a re-evaluation?
- Financial Friday - Filing your FAFSA
- Financial Friday - Paying for College
- Financial Friday – FERPA vs. Authorized User vs. eSpace: Know the Difference
- Financial Friday – Making An Online Payment
- Financial Friday – Payment Plan Option
- How to Read Your Bill & the Dewar Tuition Insurance Plan
- Financial Friday – Bridging the Gap
- Financial Friday – What to do after you accept your loans
Student Financial Services A-Z
Most common student requests can be completed online. The following transactions can be completed in the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu:
- Payments can be made online through the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu 24/7 via electronic check with no additional fee, or by credit card through a third party contractor, PayPath, with a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% (minimum $3) of the amount charged.
- Course registration
- Review your semester charges
- Accept your financial aid
- Upload missing documents to process your financial aid
If you need to have a financial hold removed from your account, please keep in mind that financial holds due to outstanding account balances are removed when the balance is cleared systematically several times per day during peak periods. A hold preventing the release of a transcript is in place until the payment clears your bank unless payment is made via certified funds.
- Registration form
- Enrollment verification/certification
- Change of major
- Transcript requests
- All other academic records/registrar forms
The Student Financial Services Suite, in Memorial Hall, is open for the following transactions only
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday 9am – noon (June 4 – July 30, 2021)
- Pick up checks, enrollment verification, diplomas, transcripts
- Drop off check payments in the secure mail slot outside of Room 205
- Prior scheduled appointments
Masks must be worn at all times. Please use hand sanitizer before entering the reception area.
To get in touch with Student Financial Services virtually or over the phone you can:
- Email us at SFS@hofstra.edu
- Call us at 516-463-8000 to schedule an appointment, if needed.