Student Financial Services - made up of Financial Aid, the Bursar, and Registrar - assists students and their families with funding a Hofstra education, registering for classes, and other administrative processes.
- Financial Aid - Financial Aid is here to help you make the most of the funding options available to you.
- Bursar/Student Accounts - The Office of the Bursar/Student Accounts is responsible for the billing, the processing of payments, refunds and the collections of receivables of all student accounts.
- Registrar - The Office of the Registrar is responsible for registration, collecting grades and attendance data, and other academic processes.
- February 8 - Late registration fee ($300) begins for all students; overrides need for all courses
- February 8 - Program Change Fee ($25) for all changes to existing registrations; overrides needed for all courses
- February 15 - Late payment fee assessed ($150) for all accounts with outstanding balances
- February 26 - Absolute last day to register or add a course
- March 1 - Last day to drop a course without receiving a "W" grade on transcript
- March 1 - Late fee - Filing for Graduation UG = $50 GR = $25
- March 3 - Classes not in session
- March 7 - Summer 2021 Registration opens for all students
- March 7 - Fall 2021 Registration Open for Graduate and students with Senior class standing
- March 12 - Last day to file the Pass/D+/D/Fail form
- March 14 - Fall 2021 Registration Open for students with Junior class standing
- March 15 - Late Payment fee assessed ($250) for all accounts with outstanding balances
- March 21 - Fall2021 Registration Open for students with Sophomore class standing
- March 23 - Classes not in session
- March 28 - Fall 2021 Registration open for all students
- March 31 - Classes not in session
If you know what you're looking for, use the self-service links below for all your financial services needs.
- Financial Friday - Filing your FAFSA
- Financial Friday - Paying for College
- Financial Friday – FERPA vs. Authorized User vs. eSpace: Know the Difference
- Financial Friday – Making An Online Payment
- Financial Friday – Payment Plan Option
- How to Read Your Bill & the Dewar Tuition Insurance Plan
- Financial Friday – Bridging the Gap
- Financial Friday – What to do after you accept your loans
Student Financial Services A-Z
Most common student requests can be completed online. The following transactions can be completed in the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu:
- Payments can be made online through the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu 24/7 via electronic check with no additional fee, or by credit card through a third party contractor, PayPath, with a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% (minimum $3) of the amount charged.
- Course registration
- Review your semester charges
- Accept your financial aid
- Upload missing documents to process your financial aid
If you need to have a financial hold removed from your account, please keep in mind that financial holds due to outstanding account balances are removed when the balance is cleared systematically several times per day during peak periods. A hold preventing the release of a transcript is in place until the payment clears your bank unless payment is made via certified funds.
- Registration form
- Enrollment verification/certification
- Change of major
- Transcript requests
- All other academic records/registrar forms
The Student Financial Services Suite, in Memorial Hall, is open for the following transactions only Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm:
- Pick up checks, enrollment verification, diplomas, transcripts
- Drop off check payments in the secure mail slot outside of Room 205
- Prior scheduled appointments
Masks must be worn at all times. Please use hand sanitizer before entering the reception area.
To get in touch with Student Financial Services virtually or over the phone you can:
- Email us at SFS@hofstra.edu
- Call us at 516-463-8000 to schedule an appointment, if needed.