Facilities & Operations
Hofstra Facilities and Operations provides services for the campus community on the 244-acre campus year-round. Contact us at 516-463-6619 for more information.
Hofstra Office of Event Management
Hofstra Commencement Ceremonies
Hofstra Electric Vehicle Stations
Hofstra University is proud to offer its faculty, staff, and students’ access to 19 free electric vehicle charging stations. These stations are controlled by ChargePoint software and are commercial Level 2 charging stations.
If you would like access to these stations, please go to Public Safety and register your car. Once Public Safety has your vehicle information, you will receive an “E” shield and be given access to register with ChargePoint, www.chargepoint.com. For more information, please go to the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations webpage.
Hofstra Work Requests with WebTMA
The Facilities and Operations staff coordinate campus work requests. Hofstra faculty, staff, and resident students can now access the WebTMA Work Request form via the Hofstra portal to request maintenance tasks:
- Resident student – Log in to the Hofstra Student Portal Applications Menu and choose the WebTMA Work Request Form to report a problem in the residence halls. Contact the Office of Residence Life for time-sensitive issues at 516-463-6930, or the Department of Public Safety 24 hours a day.
- Non-resident student – Report issues in any campus location to the nearest Hofstra office, or the Department of Public Safety for time-sensitive issues at 516-463-6606.
- Staff – Log in to the Hofstra Employee Portal Applications Menu and choose the WebTMA Work Request Form, or call the Facilities and Operations Service Desk for time-sensitive issues at 516-463-6619 during regular business hours. (Phones are forwarded to the Department of Public Safety when University offices are closed.)
Questions? Call the Facilities and Operations Service Desk at 516-463-6619 for information.
Hofstra Becomes a Tree Campus USA
A Tree Campus is designated by the Arbor Day Foundation, a 501c (3) nonprofit conservation and education organization, to recognize current efforts to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees! For the third year, Hofstra meets the five Tree Campus standards. Activities are sponsored on campuses across the country with a million members who support programs to make the world greener and healthier.
View the Arbor Day 2019 planting of four flowering dogwood trees at the new School of Business facility assisted by students and the Hofstra Arboretum and Grounds Department staff.
REV Campus Challenge Achiever
The REV Campus Challenge promotes clean energy efforts by recognizing and supporting New York state colleges and universities that implement clean energy projects and principles on campus. Hofstra is designated an Achiever, among 40% of colleges and universities in New York state committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions with dedicated staff to focus on clean energy investments. Over the past few years, the University has increased our total campus power purchases generated from clean, renewable, off-site energy sources to the current 30%.
Campus Renovations and Construction
Visit the Engineering, Design and Construction webpage for more information about current and future projects on the Hofstra University campus.
- Center for Science and Innovation – 75,000 square foot LEED Silver building to house the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies and the DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- Guthart Hall (New Business School Building) - 52,000 square foot building adjacent to C.V. Starr Hall
- Wellness and Campus Living Center - renovation
- New South Campus Parking Lot - South of the Physical Plant building and east of Guthart Hall
Contact Facilities and Operations
Contact the Service Desk during normal hours of operation from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except University holidays. Calls are automatically transferred to the Department of Public Safety after normal business hours.
The office is located on South Campus, adjacent to Shuart Stadium. The local street address is Baldwin Court at Uniondale Avenue, Uniondale, New York.
Facilities and Operations at Hofstra University
Physical Plant Building, 129 Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY 11549-1290, 516-463-6619. email@example.com (To report a problem, contact the Service Desk at 516-463-6619.)