These policies have been created to support Hofstra’s mission to recruit and retain a diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. These policies are subject to change at the University’s discretion.
Please Note: Summary of Policies as determined by applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements
Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Accommodations for Individuals with Special Needs
- Diversity Mission Statement
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy
- EEOC is the Law - Supplement [PDF]
- EEOC is the Law - Poster [PDF]
- Harassment Policy
- Harassment Policy - Harassment Prevention at Hofstra
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Equal Rights Resource - Administrators [PDF]
- Personal Relationships between Faculty/Other Employees and Students
Health Insurance Policies
- See Employee Benefits page for more information.
Workers' Compensation Policy
Hofstra University maintains workers' compensation insurance, in compliance with New York state law, for all eligible employees who suffer work-related injury or illness. Employees must immediately report any workplace accident or injury to their supervisor, who must complete an Incident Report Form. They must also contact the Office of Human Resources at 516-463-6859.