The Office of Residence Life welcomes you to the on-campus living community at Hofstra University! We offer a variety of residential facilities and living options for our students, from high-rise and suite-style housing to apartments for graduate, law, and medical s chool students. Our spacious common lounges, state-of-the-art furnishings, kitchen facilities, and study lounges make our residential environment the place to be for Hofstra students.
Housing Policy Changes
Students should be aware that University housing policies may change at any time at the University’s discretion and in accordance with applicable New York State and federal requirements and the recommendations of healthcare professionals. Students residing in campus housing may be required to comply with public health requirements, including those relating to testing, tracing, isolation/quarantine, and removal from residence halls. If the closing of all residence halls is necessary for health and safety reasons, students may be required to leave campus housing entirely. If appropriate, the University in its sole discretion may adjust housing charges in such situations. The health and safety of the Hofstra community will guide all decisions.
The Resident Assistant application is now open! Please submit your application by February 5th at 11:59 pm.
Follow the instructions below to submit your application TODAY:
- Using the left-hand drop-down menu, select 'Student Services
- Scroll down to the 'Residence Life Menu' options
- Click 'Resident Assistant Application' at the bottom of the options
Please review the qualifications and responsibilities of the position, including the Application Process Timeline.
If you need assistance with your application, please reach out to the Center for Career Design and Development. Attend one of the Virtual Resume Workshops by registering on Handshake:
Attend one of the Interview Prep Sessions by registering on Handshake:
- Monday, February 6, 2023 at 1 pm at Weller Hall 219
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 3:30 pm at Weller Hall 219
If you are unable to attend one of these Interview Prep Sessions, check out their website for Big Interview.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Resident Assistant application, please contact our office at ResLifeJobs@Hofstra.edu
RA Application & Interview Timeline
- Information Sessions: November 7th through December 7th
- Application Opens: Sunday, January 1st, 2023
- Application Closes: Sunday, February 5th, 2023
- Interviews: February 8th - February 14th
- Group Process: Friday, February 17th