On-Campus COVID-19 Testing Procedures
For Spring 2021, the University will use rapid antigen testing, which will be conducted in the Physical Education Building (PEB) on North Campus. You can schedule an on-campus test on the Hofstra portal, through the COVID-19 protocols form.
Once you've scheduled your on-campus COVID-19 test, there are a few steps required prior to arrival:
- Complete the Lab Registration Form. This form begins the process necessary to create the lab order for your rapid test. You will be asked to enter insurance and current contact information. Students will not incur any out-of-pocket cost for COVID testing.
- Download the NAVICA app for iPhone and Android devices. This app allows students to receive their test results while onsite. You will be asked to create an account. For more information about how the app works and the antigen testing, visit the BinaxNOW site. Please create your account before you arrive and be prepared to show the QR code on your phone to the representative at the registration area.
When you arrive for your scheduled appointment:
- Upon arrival to campus, go to the Physical Education Building, located on the north side of campus next to the Mack Arena.
- The lobby of the Swim Center can be used to store luggage during the test if needed.
- Families may choose to wait outside in their car but due to testing and occupancy regulations will not be allowed inside the testing area.
- Follow signs to the testing entrance, located on the north side of the PEB. At the testing entrance, you will need to show your NAVICA app on your phone, as well as a government-issued photo identification (license, passport, etc.)
- Like surveillance testing in the fall, you will receive a nasal swab. After your test is completed, you will wait for your test results to arrive on the NAVICA app
- Results will take up to 45 minutes. Please allow a full hour for your visit.
- Once you receive your results, you will proceed to the check-out table so a clinician from Student Health Services can review your results.
- Students who receive a positive rapid test result on the app will be given a PCR test on-site by Student Health Services and will receive information about quarantining while awaiting those results. Results are typically available within 2-5 days.
- Students who receive negative results will be cleared to return to campus activities.
- RETURNING RESIDENTS: can proceed to their residence hall to move back in. ID cards will be re-activated, and students are allowed one helper inside the residence hall for move-in.
- NEW RESIDENTS will proceed to the Plaza Rooms in the Student Center to get their Hofstra ID card and more information about residence hall check-in
- NEW COMMUTER STUDENTS will proceed to the Plaza Rooms in the Student Center to get their Hofstra ID card
- RETURNING COMMUTER STUDENTS are free to go about their day
- STUDENTS CURRENTLY IN TRAVEL QUARANTINE ON CAMPUS should return to quarantine housing and will receive a release letter from the Dean of Students to return to their spring housing assignment that day
- STUDENTS CURRENTLY IN TRAVEL QUARANTINE OFF CAMPUS should return to the "COVID-19 Protocol" app in the portal to upload this test result to be permitted to campus activities