Who Can Help
At Hofstra, each student is assigned an individual success team. Your personalized success team is available throughout your time at Hofstra and is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.
The members of your success team are:
- Your advising dean – Your advising dean will begin to connect with you during New Student Orientation and see you through till graduation. Advising deans are assigned based on your choice of major.
- A staff member from the Center for Academic Excellence – the Center for Academic Excellence offers tutoring support, time management workshops and individual meetings, stress management skills, and more! Your support staff member will be listed on the portal.
- A staff member from Student Access Services –Student Access Services provides academic accommodations and support for students with disabilities. If you are registered with their office, you will have a staff member designated to work with you through your time at Hofstra.
- Your Residence Director, or the Director for Commuter Student Services – depending on if you are a resident or commuter, you will notice your Residence Director listed or the Director for Commuter Student Services.
- Your Financial Services Counselor – This designated staff member from Student Financial Services is available for contact regarding your financial aid concerns.
- The Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students – The Assistance Vice President and Dean of Students is listed as an available resource for outreach.