If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.

Skip to Main Content
Hofstra University Honors College

HUHC and Departmental Honors 

Honors College strongly encourages all eligible HUHC students to pursue departmental honors in their major(s) under the respective departmental Honors Essay or Honors Research listing. Please note: Departmental Honors is distinct from Honors College and does not require membership or participation in Honors College: students must contact their major adviser and departmental chairperson to make arrangements for supervised independent research under the departmental honors course listing. This work takes place in the major department, but Honors College will count those credits toward the student's Honors College total. For the HUHC Graduate with Distinction designation, a GPA of 3.6 and completion of a departmental honors course are required.

For more information, go to: http://www.hofstra.edu/Research/research_dept_honors_thesis.html

or to the Undergraduate Research page: http://www.hofstra.edu/Research/research_undergraduate.html