- To attract, retain and support highly motivated, high achieving students to HUHC and the broader Hofstra community.
- To provide HUHC students with the intellectual tools and administrative support to advance toward their own chosen academic goals.
- To help HUHC students make informed choices from among the many different options open to them at the university.
- To create opportunities for HUHC students to engage with and learn from broader academic and civic communities of which they are a part.
- To establish a social network for HUHC students that can serve as a starting point for engagement with the Hofstra community.
- To be a center for intellectual engagement among faculty from across all the different disciplines at Hofstra University.
- To create pedagogical opportunities where faculty experiment with new strategies and explore creative new classroom possibilities.
- To partner with other individuals, departments and programs in pursuit of new opportunities to enhance and enrich intellectual life at Hofstra University.