- Intern in NYC, the media capital of the world.
- Flexible evening courses are offered.
- No GRE required.
Graduate Programs at the Herbert School
The Herbert School’s graduate programs in Journalism and Public Relations help prepare students for leadership roles within the fast-evolving media and communications industries by emphasizing critical thinking, ethics, writing, oral expression, and multimedia skills. Please visit the links below to learn more about plans of study, admission requirements, faculty contacts, and to request information.
- The Department of Radio, TV, Film was recognized as one of Variety magazine’s 2017 “Stellar Film Programs.”
- Hofstra University was ranked the #2 school in the nation for media professionals by LinkedIn.
- Students have access to high-profile internship opportunities in nearby New York City.
- Current graduate students and alumni have come from such countries as China, Nigeria, India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Russia, Denmark, and Japan.
- Graduate journalism students have the opportunity to participate in the High School Community Journalism Program. Journalism students may also pursue a specialization in Sports Media.
- Classes are taught by internationally-recognized scholars, published authors, and veteran industry professionals.
- The Herbert School is home to WRHU 88.7 FM – flagship radio station of the NY Islanders, recipient of the National Association of Broadcasters’ Marconi Award as the top non-commercial radio station in the country (2014), and ranked the #1 college radio station in the US by the Princeton Review (2015, 2016).
- Students have access to the Herbert School’s state of the art facilities, including NewsHub, a collaborative newsroom containing Media Composer, Avid's non-linear digital editing software, with ENPS integration and the latest and most useful information management and handling tools.
- LongIslandReport.org is the Herbert School’s award-winning (2012 Best News Site on Long Island) multimedia news organization run by students in our graduate journalism program.
- HerbertSchool360.com is an online showcase of Herbert School students’ creativity and talent.