The full program, consisting of a minimum of 32 credits, can take as little as 15 months to complete depending on your academic background. Students meet one-on-one with a pre-health advisor to select and register for classes. For additional information, please visit the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Studies Certificate program page.
Premedical Post Baccalaureate Certificate Program in Natural Science
Many students do not decide until after college that they want to pursue a career in the health professions. This program provides the opportunity for students who hold a bachelor’s degree and who have not previously studied the sciences to prepare for entrance into a medical profession of their choice. Students may also retake science courses to demonstrate an improved mastery of those subjects.
There are many reasons to choose Hofstra for your Premedical Post-Baccalaureate studies.
Post-bac students have access to numerous student organizations and campus resources, including:
- Health Professions Scholars Program
- Association of Pre-Professional Health-Oriented Students (APHOS)
- American Red Cross Chapter at Hofstra
- Volunteers Around the World
- Post-Baccalaureate Student Network
- The Career Center, David S. Mack Fitness Center, Joan and Arnold Saltzman Community Services Center, and Writing Center
- Residence halls, financial aid, and all student activities and events