Parent & Family Volunteers
Parents and family members of our students are invited to get involved with Hofstra community. Here are some ways you may do so:
- Family Weekend (fall): Help with Parent Council Chance Auction
- Admitted Student Days (Feb.-May): Event Greeter
- Parent Orientation (Summer and Winter): Event Greeter
- Welcome/Move-In Day (August): Event Greeter
- Host regional receptions in your home
- “Parent Voice” Writer: Submit your posts to the Family Connection Blog
- Provide internships/jobs to Hofstra students
- Join Parent Council
If you would like to volunteer, please email the Parent and Family Programs Office at email@example.com. Also, please subscribe to the Family Link E-Newsletter since we are sending our calls for volunteers via email.
You may volunteer your contact information for Regional Directory of Hofstra Families. Many families and students like to have contact information for Hofstra families in their geographic area. It is easier to organize car pools or just know that a Hofstra family is nearby. Parents can volunteer their contact information by e-mailing our office and providing their student's name and Hofstra ID number (for verification), their name(s), town, state, phone number and email address. Once a semester, we will email parents an updated PDF file of the directory. If you have any questions, please call (516) 463-4698.