Summer Housing Information
Students who intend to reside on campus during the summer and are working for a department that is covering their summer housing cost MUST complete the Summer Housing Request Form and submit it to the Office of Residence Life, Room 126 Wellness and Living Commons.
- Students looking to apply for Summer Housing, please complete and submit your 2018 Summer Housing Application by Friday, April 27, 2018 through the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu. Students interested in purchasing a summer dining plan must complete and submit a Summer Dining Application.
- Participants in the Summer English Language program need to submit a 2018 English Language Program Housing Application.
- Non-student guests of the University requesting summer housing should complete the Visiting Student Application.
- Groups or conferences looking for additional information regarding accommodations should contact Conference Services.
- Students who intend to reside on campus during the summer and are working for a department that is covering their summer housing cost MUST complete the Summer Housing Request Form and submit it to the Office of Residence Life, Room 126 Wellness and Living Commons. Requests for housing stipends will be reviewed and approved through the Office of Student Employment and any costs not covered will be the responsibility of the student who is applying for housing.
All payments must be processed at the Office of Student Financial Services (206 Memorial Hall, South Campus) or via the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu (select "Student Payment Center"). Checks should be made payable to Hofstra University.
NOTE: Students who intend to reside in summer housing for multiple sessions MUST be in good financial standing prior to being allowed to take occupancy for the upcoming summer term (e.g. a student residing in Summer Session I housing must have cleared up their account before being allowed to reside in summer housing for Summer Session II).
Submitting Your Summer Dining Application
Students interested in purchasing a summer dining plan must complete and submit a Summer Dining Application. To submit your Summer Dining Application, simply print the document above, complete it, and submit it to:Office of Residence LifeRoom 126 Wellness and Living Commons250 Hofstra University Hempstead, NY 11549-2500Fax: 516-463-4107
Submitting Your Summer Housing Application
Students interested in living on campus for the entire summer must submit a Summer Housing Application for each individual term. The summer terms are 201806 (Summer Session I), 201807 (Summer Session II), and 201808 (Summer Session III). Students are not required to pay a housing deposit to submit their Summer Housing Application. Follow the steps below to submit your Summer Housing Application.
- Log into my.hofstra.edu
- Click on the "Navigation Menu" in the top left hand corner
- Click on the "Student Services" Menu
- Click on the "Residence Life" Menu
- Click on the "Residence Life Room Application"
- Select the term for which you are applying (201806 for SSI, 201807 for SSII, or 201808 for SSIII)
- Follow instructions to complete the housing application.
|Important Summer 2018 Housing Dates|
|Session I move over date:||Tuesday, May 22 (9 am-noon)|
|Session I move in date:||Tuesday, May 22 (3-9 pm)|
|Session I move out date:||Thursday, June 28 (6 p.m. - midnight)|
|Session II move in date:||Monday, July 2 (3-9 p.m.)|
|Session II move out date:||Saturday, August 11 (9 a.m. - noon)|
|Session III move in date:||Sunday, August 12 (3-9 p.m.)|
|Session III move out date:||Saturday, August 25 (9-12 noon) for students who do not have a fall 2018 housing assignment on file)|
|Session III move over date:||Sunday, August 26 (9am-noon)|
|Summer Session I:||Friday, May 4, 2018|
|Summer Session II:||Friday, June 1, 2018|
|Summer Session III:||Friday, July 13, 2018|
|Summer 2018 Housing Rates||SSI||SSII||SSIII||Entire Summer|
|May 22-June 28||July 2-August 11||August 12-August 25||May 22-August 25|