Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship: Nassau Community College
The following outlines the terms and procedures, agreed upon by both Hofstra University (HU) and Nassau Community College (NCC) pertinent to the Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship for graduates of Nassau Community College.
- One (1) Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship, covering full tuition, will be offered by HU to one (1) graduate of NCC transferring to Hofstra with a minimum 3.8 GPA.
- The selection of the scholarship recipient would be made by Hofstra from a list of no fewer than three nominees recommended by Nassau Community College.
- Nominee recommendations would be sent by NCC to Hofstra no later than March 1.
- Notification to the recipient would be made by HU by the beginning of April.
- The award would cover a maximum of four semesters.
- The scholarships shall be renewable annually by maintenance of a 3.0 cumulative average. Recipients are required to submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for each year of student at HU.
- The scholarship recipients must attend HU on a full-time basis (at least 12 credits) as a matriculated student for consecutive fall and spring semesters. The Provost Academic Excellence Scholarship is applied to tuition only and is not applied to miscellaneous college fees and books.
- Other nominees (at least two students) recommended by NCC but not selected for the Scholarship Program would be eligible for a significant merit scholarship at HU based on their outstanding GPA.