(Delft, Groningen, Hague, Leiden, Rotterdam, Tilberg, Utrecht, Orange, Rensselaer, Breukelen, Amsterdam)
- This complex is divided into two courtyards with a total of 11 two-story houses.
- Reserved specifically for first year students.
- Each house accommodates approximately 55 residents.
- All suites in this area contain two double bedrooms, a bathroom and a lounge.
- The Netherlands is home to our first year student Living Learning Communities. Groningen houses our STUDIO LLC and Hague is home to our S.T.A.G.E. community. Leiden houses our PreP LLC. Math, Science, and Engineering is located in Rotterdam. Zarb House is located in Utrecht. L.I.V.E. is housed in Orange. Communications is located in Rensselaer.
- The Netherlands core is also home to a dining facility, a satellite office for Academic Advisement, Counseling Services, Residence Life and academic classroom space.
- Houses first year students.
- Stuyvesant Hall consists of suites comprised of two double rooms, a bathroom, and a lounge.
- Stuyvesant Hall is also home to our Living Learning Community L.E.A.D. For more information on this community visit hofstra.edu/LLCs.
- Located across the parking lot from the Student Center, Stuyvesant Hall.
The High Rises
(Alliance, Bill of Rights, Constitution, Estabrook, Enterprise, Vander Poel)
- Six high-rise residence halls are located directly north of the Student Center.
- Each high-rise building accommodates between 225 to 300 students.
- The high rises consists of single, double, triple, and quad rooms with common area bathrooms at each end of the hallway.
- Vander Poel Hall is home to Honors College students only.
(New York and Providence House)
- The largest residence hall complex on the campus has three courtyards with a total of 14 two-story houses.
- Individual houses accommodate between 55 to 65 residents per house.
- Please note that first-year students can be placed anywhere in Colonial Square. However, New York and Providence Houses are reserved specifically for first-year students.
- Each house is suite-style living comprised of either:
o 4 person suites- Two doubles with a shared lounge and bathroom
o Triple room with a shared bathroom and no lounge
Graduate Residence Hall
- A 5-story 224 person residential facility for Graduate, Law, and Medical students.
- Offers apartment/suite style living with multiple bedrooms, shared common spaces, kitchenettes, and bathrooms.
- Comprised of both single and double occupied bedrooms within three basic suite types: four bedroom suites, three bedroom suites, and 2 bedroom suites.
- Each common area includes a couch, 2 armchairs, and a coffee table.
- The kitchenette provides a stovetop burner, refrigerator, microwave, and kitchen table with chairs. A benefit of living in GRH is each being able to have 1 coffeemaker and/or 1 toaster per apartment in the kitchen area only.
- Graduate Residence Hall also offers energy efficient lighting and AC/Heating units.
Colonial Square (Grad/Law Students Only)
- The largest residence hall complex on the campus has three courtyards with a total of 14 two-story houses. Individual houses accommodate between 55 to 65 residents per house.
- Plymouth house is reserved for our graduate/law residence students.
- Each house is suite-style living comprised of either: two double bedrooms, a bathroom and a lounge, two double bedrooms, a bathroom and no lounge, two double bedrooms, a single bedroom and a bathroom with no lounge, or two single bedrooms, a bathroom and a lounge. There are a few "triple" suites, which have one large bedroom area to accommodate three students and a private bathroom.