WHY CHOOSE THE SCHOOL OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS AND HUMAN SERVICES?
Advocacy • Innovation • Opportunity • Collaboration • Excellence
Hofstra University's School of Health Professions and Human Services (HPHS) is a leader in preparing students to meet the growing demand for health care professionals. Through its five undergraduate and 15 graduate programs in the Departments of Counseling and Mental Health Professions, Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences, and Health Professions, HPHS offers an interprofessional environment where students are educated in the theory and practice of their specialized area of study. Through competency-based instruction, field experience, and research training, students are educated to become effective and compassionate clinicians, evidence-based practitioners, policymakers, managers, and advocates who promote health equity across the life span.
THE FUTURE OF QUALITY HEALTH CARE – ALL PATHS LEAD TO STUDENT SUCCESS!
Interdisciplinary, competency-based learning
Distinguished faculty who are award-winning, well-published practitioners and scholars
Thriving student organizations and activities with a focus on community service
Small class sizes provide opportunities for peer interaction and faculty mentorship
Students and Faculty
Share a passion for social justice
Engage and model civic engagement
Make an impact on the community
Rewarding careers in schools, clinics, government and community agencies, hospitals, and other Health care facilities
Well trained in their discipline
Compassionate advocates who make a difference in the lives of others
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that about 20% of all new jobs created in the next seven years will be in the health care industry.
99% of HPHS graduates are employed or in graduate school
SCHOOL OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS AND HUMAN SERVICES HIGHLIGHTS:
- Academic excellence – 12 nationally accredited or professionally recognized programs
- Hands-on, real-world training experience in Hofstra clinics at the Joan and Arnold Saltzman Community Services Center
- Internship sites carefully chosen to maximize learning, professional growth, and development
- Opportunities to:
- Collaborate with faculty on research
- Participate in interprofessional activities
- Make an impact here and abroad
- Join clubs and professional organizations
- Network with alums and prominent health care leaders